fzj80 reliability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi IH8MUD, i just want to share some pics of my vacation trip to the coast, I live in Medellin Colombia, as some of you know roads aren´t highways here, it seems they were made thinking that only land cruisers would roll on them.
To make the story short, I traveled 400 miles with my wife and my 2 year old daughter from medellin to Tolú, a small town in the coast where we would take a boat to take us to one of the islands.
the trip started really nice, left at 7.30am, and once we got to the low lands, I see that the level on the rio Cauca (second most important river in Colombia) is unusually high, so we continue on the road that goes parallel to the river and suddenly a long line of cars sitting still on the road, about 2 miles of jam, I notice that the caddle trucks start to pass the vehicles and I go behind them, the wife is complaining telling me how rude I am to pass these people that have been waiting there, so I tell her to chill and let me do my job.
after passing all these vehicles I see that the road is flooded and only trucks are passing, there is a flat bed truck passing the automoviles, charging them 40 bucks; I asked someone standing next to his car waiting for the flat bed how long has he been waiting, he says 6 hours.
we get to the water, i push the 4wd and low gear and we start to cross, the wife looks nervous, i tell her that if the fzj doesn´t pass i sell it as soon as we get back from the trip, well it did pass and i dont have to sell it...
hope you guys enjoy.
Nothing like LC reliability, thanks for reading....

:cheers:

Juan
1970 fj40 soft top
1978 fj40 hard top
1994 fzj80
1983 fj43 (sold)
IMG00896-20111217-1158.jpg
IMG00901-20111217-1257.jpg
IMG00925-20111223-0748.jpg

All that without a snorkel, amazing.:hillbilly::p

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.:cheers:

more pics...

ill post some more pics of the trip....

Land cruiser waiting to pass, the little girl on her seat, road pics

Juan
1970 fj40 soft top
1978 fj40 hard top
1994 fzj80
1982 fj43 (sold)
IMG00897-20111217-1221.jpg
IMG00906-20111217-1319.jpg
IMG00905-20111217-1312.jpg

the water level passed the headlights and tires, i would say about a meter, not a lot, but people in nissan frontiers and luxury suv´s wouldn´t dare to cross.
I think it was way cool to be able to get to where you are going, and back, no hassles.

Juan
1970 fj40 soft top
1978 fj40 hard top
1994 fzj80
1983 fj43 (sold)

nice man!!!

Great story, thanks for sharing. Did you know before crossing how high the water was?

great story and nice job even without a snorkel...but I think this line is epic , "the wife is complaining telling me how rude I am to pass these people that have been waiting there, so I tell her to chill and let me do my job."

Awesome story. Glad you got pics of the whole thing.
Happened here once when I was a kid. My old man had a K5 blazer and the cops let us thru while they turned all cars around to go back around the island. Would have took an hour and a half to turn around and get to where we were going. I'm waiting for the day that I can do that in my cruiser!

Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom