Wanted FZJ80 near Portland, OR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey there everyone,

I am interested in buying a 1995-1997 FJ80/FZJ80 with no rust and lower milage (160,000 or less), Lockers, Lift, ARB near Portland, OR. Budget $8000 or less. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking at the exact same thing in the same area with the same budget, but I'm on the Washington side. There are a couple of rigs that are close on craigslist.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/3613861681.html

I was thinking about this. With the budget, it would leave enough room for lockers, then a lift and bumpers/sliders would only be a couple of months away.

I actually went and looked at this one. Not thoroughly since at that time I was undecided on whether I wanted a 60 or 80 series. The rig did make some weird noises when hitting the brakes. The owner didn't know why and said it had been like that and didn't seem to affect anything so he never bothered to get it checked out. He did say he would be negotiable on the price based on what the brake issue was. Might be worth taking a look at if you are interested in getting lockers, etc after.

You may have already taken a look at this one - but it's mine and is for sale in Salem. I dropped the price down to $7,000, and it's got 158k miles on it, leather, nice and clean, but does not have factory lockers, if you're open to doing that. Engine runs great, no problems, great tires, no funky noises either.

Here's the link if you're interested, if not, no big deal. The CL link has links to several higher res photos too. Hope you find what you're after.

http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/3611932810.html

Located in Newberg, OR.

$7500

I am getting ready to sell my wife's 1997 LX450 - it has 203k miles. No rust, and set up for expedition use, however never taken on any off road trips (I have a few other Toyota's for that). I own Metal-tech 4x4 here in Newberg, OR so I built it up a since I can. We bought the truck with 97k on it. It was originally a TX truck then came to the PNW. My wife has driven it all these years to and from OHSU (50 miles RT). Its been in family service, yet owned by a dedicated Land Cruiser guy.

Its a strong runner, oil drips and all. (yes drips oil) The drivers seat pan is torn and the rear door inner panels: one has the vinyl by the window pulled back (son did that) and the other has a broken arm rest. (I did that)

Factory Lockers, of course.
Metal-tech 4x4 2" lift (Very soft ride)
Old Man Emu Shocks
33" Toyo MT's (80%) on custom black 18" alloy wheels
ARB front bumper
Metal-tech 4x4 sliders
New front brakes 0 miles ago
A/C will freeze you

I will be taking photos of it this weekend and putting it up FS next week with its own thread on Mud, Ebay and Craigs.

I value the raw truck w/o any accessories at $5500 + half of the cost of the accessories (Just over $4k in accessories) Fair price for this truck is $7500.

$7500

PM me if you would like more info.

Mark

I have been planning on putting my Black 96 LX450 up for sale in the next few months, so this is just "preliminary". Was thinking of asking about $10k (open to offers, haven't really nailed down what I will ask for it).
It has 166k on it, I am the third owner, it has always been in the PNW, no rust, I've owned it about 7-8 years, it had 112k mi when I bought it, all body panels have original VIN ID stickers, no body panels replaced, the lower cladding on the passenger front door has been replaced, per previous owner, clean carfax when I bought it.
I am located in the Portland Vancouver area.

factory front/rear/center diff locks with added OEM CDL switch and pin 7 mod

All following mods have been since I owned it, and I am pretty much a OCD iH8mudder type:
Heavy OME lift with Slee caster correction bushings (good alignment numbers/handling)
a NEW OEM HG and associated bits as of about 18months/~9k miles ago
power slot rotors
EBC green pads
front birfs repack w/all new bearings
Raingler cargo net
JVC double din w/bluetooth and hd radio (no dvd/nav)
Polk speakers in doors, with color matched grilles (looks pretty stock, but sounds much better)
JDM passenger dash handle
several additional fuse blocks
brand new battery
(5, spare tire/wheel is matching) 285/75/16 cooper STT tires with probably about 5-10k miles left
Viper remote start/keyless/alarm w/2-way remote
third row seats
OEM Toyota block heater
LandTank MAF housing and requisite MAF sensor upgrade
HIR headlight upgrade (high and low)
Slee headlight harness
extra OEM washable air filter
spare tire lift mod

Interior is in very good condition with the exception of drivers seat leather which has some tears that have developed over the last few years. I have been thinking of Shanes dark brown leather replacement interior, which would look awesome... Exterior is in good shape, pretty average for its age, I would say. The front bumper has a few dings from the previous owner, I had planned on respraying it if I put it up for sale this summer. Everything works, drives great, engine is solid, cooling system is as well, no interior water leaks.

It's been a great poser rig for me, the closest it has been offroad is on DNR/forest service gravel roads, and maybe a total of a few miles of similar rutted dirt roads. I am a function first guy most of the time, so everything I did to it was "done right", to make it more capable, even though I did not use it to its ability.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of other stuff, but that the basics. Thought I would throw this out there if someone local is really interested.

Included a few old pics, not much change from now.

DSC_3677.jpg

lift.jpg

Last edited:
Added a couple of pics, above...

Thanks for the info firetruck41. Nice looking rig but I prefer the Toyota badged version and I'm hoping to stay closer to $8000.

I understand, I was looking for aToyota bagged LC, when I found this one, it was the best 80 for the price/condition at the time. No regrets, and no real difference other than a couple badges and some cladding. Good luck in your search! The 80 bug is hard to shake, these are incredible rigs, don't give up until you own one!

chickn...may I ask why you prefer the Toy? I'm in the market as well but new to this game and was really just trying to concentrate on getting the best 80 I can find. Am I missing something? Thanks!

hh65flyer...there's not much difference between the two, it's just a preference thing. Good luck in your search.

Thanks Chickndinner. My wife drives an LX470 so thought maybe having a 'trail version' would be cool. Like I said, I'm not leaning one way or another I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I had two nice LC's with relatively low miles and lockers sell very quickly on me here locally. Both were bought by out-of-state buyers so I'm beginning to think this search will be harder than I originally thought. I've even resorted to leaving notes on other people's vehicles hoping they might call!! Best of luck to you too.

CD,

Think about selling my 96' don't really want to but am looking at a bigger boat and my wife sells real estate so if I take her car (e320 CDI) on a roady for the MPG. The 80 is a little coarse for the older folks to get into.

96' 220K, HG @135K also had valve shimmed, I have owned since 87K, Met Blue with grey leather both interior and ext in good condition, no dents, rips tears, about 8K on new 285's, have 2 1/2 OME springs never installed.

I am looking for a GX470, LX470, I don't really wheel just fish and hunt so need something to fit the bill. Let me know if you want more info.

Locked and has gold package (seen the $$$ of gold :)

seattle area

Thanks! For anyone who may be interested, after some inquiry about my rig, I put together a document and a ton of interior/exterior pics and video, just PM or email me if you want me to send it to you.

I have been planning on putting my Black 96 LX450 up for sale in the next few months, so this is just "preliminary". Was thinking of asking about $10k (open to offers, haven't really nailed down what I will ask for it).
It has 166k on it, I am the third owner, it has always been in the PNW, no rust, I've owned it about 7-8 years, it had 112k mi when I bought it, all body panels have original VIN ID stickers, no body panels replaced, the lower cladding on the passenger front door has been replaced, per previous owner, clean carfax when I bought it.
I am located in the Portland Vancouver area.

factory front/rear/center diff locks with added OEM CDL switch and pin 7 mod

All following mods have been since I owned it, and I am pretty much a OCD iH8mudder type:
Heavy OME lift with Slee caster correction bushings (good alignment numbers/handling)
a NEW OEM HG and associated bits as of about 18months/~9k miles ago
power slot rotors
EBC green pads
front birfs repack w/all new bearings
Raingler cargo net
JVC double din w/bluetooth and hd radio (no dvd/nav)
Polk speakers in doors, with color matched grilles (looks pretty stock, but sounds much better)
JDM passenger dash handle
several additional fuse blocks
brand new battery
(5, spare tire/wheel is matching) 285/75/16 cooper STT tires with probably about 5-10k miles left
Viper remote start/keyless/alarm w/2-way remote
third row seats
OEM Toyota block heater
LandTank MAF housing and requisite MAF sensor upgrade
HIR headlight upgrade (high and low)
Slee headlight harness
extra OEM washable air filter
spare tire lift mod

Interior is in very good condition with the exception of drivers seat leather which has some tears that have developed over the last few years. I have been thinking of Shanes dark brown leather replacement interior, which would look awesome... Exterior is in good shape, pretty average for its age, I would say. The front bumper has a few dings from the previous owner, I had planned on respraying it if I put it up for sale this summer. Everything works, drives great, engine is solid, cooling system is as well, no interior water leaks.

It's been a great poser rig for me, the closest it has been offroad is on DNR/forest service gravel roads, and maybe a total of a few miles of similar rutted dirt roads. I am a function first guy most of the time, so everything I did to it was "done right", to make it more capable, even though I did not use it to its ability.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of other stuff, but that the basics. Thought I would throw this out there if someone local is really interested.

Included a few old pics, not much change from now.

She's puuurty.

I have a sale pending to a 'mudder in SoCal, who saw this thread. I will truly miss my LX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom