FZJ80 dash lamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a lot of dash lights out on my 97 lx450 and was wondering if anyone knew of a good thread to help with replacing them.

Welcome to MUD!! Sound people are installing LED’s. Here’s a thread that describes the install.

Here’s a good general thread about LED’s.

Last edited:
Welcome to MUD!! Sound people are installing LED’s. Here’s a thread that describes the install.

Thanks! I also need to replace most of the bulbs behind the climate controls. Couldn’t find anything for this though.

Yeah, there isn’t much. This thread has a mention of the climate control panel.

Here’s what your dash will look like after everything is pulled out.

3F71B98F-DB77-43CC-A70E-48F67188D20A.png

I’m a little worried that I might break some of the trim pieces. I have the proper tools but still the car is 20 years old. Has anyone else had very fragile plastic?

I’m a little worried that I might break some of the trim pieces. I have the proper tools but still the car is 20 years old. Has anyone else had very fragile plastic?

I replaced the lights behind my dash and have taken it apart probably 4 or 5 times now. I always feel like I'm going to snap some plastic but I never have. I didn't even use special tools just pulled stuff apart and it has held up just fine for me.

I'm in the process of replacing all of the Combination Meter bulbs and the below link was very helpful.

I'm using incandescent bulbs and the common numbers are 194's (gauges), 74's (warnings) and DNW1-DW33/GRA (gear indicator). The 194's are the larger wedge based bulb and requires a green cap, the 74's are small wedge based bulbs, and the DNW1-DW33/GRA's are smaller bulbs that come with the base attached. I've bought all my bulbs from Bulb Town. I had to buy the sockets from Toyota.

I hope this helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom