Inexpensive replacement bulbs for dash (climate controls, PRNDL, most buttons) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Toyota wants around $10 each for those little 1/4 turn bulbs that are used in the PRNDL cluster, the climate control, and most of the buttons. I finally found a reasonably priced alternative on Mouser: Mouser PN 560-DNW1-DW33 (manufacturer PN DNW1-DW33. $1.18 each. Shipping was $4.99. They're rated to produce 9 lumens at 14V for 5,000 hours.

The brown bulbs are OEM, the gray bulbs are JKL:

I believe the back of the stock bulbs say JSD or TSC V-2. LED sites seem to call these T4 bulbs. Toshiba seems to call them T1 1/4 Neo-Wedge bulbs. The excellent and detailed Toshiba lighting catalog was helpful in tracking down the right bulb, as was JKL's Neo-Wedge lamp listing.

The antenna up/down buttons use a smaller bulb. I don't currently have an alternate part number for that.

Here are some of the other JKL bulbs that should fit, providing different light output:

DNW1-DW40 0.040A @ 14V, 1.89 lumens, 10,000 hours
DNW1-DW48 0.040A @ 14V, 1.89 lumens, 10,000 hours (16V max)
DNW1-DW07 0.08A @ 14V, 3.77 lumens, 15,000 hours
DNW1-DW10 0.1A @ 14V, 6.29 lumens, 10,000 hours
DNW1-DW33 0.125A @ 14V, 9 lumens, 5,0000 hours

I just noticed that the back of the climate control says 14V 1.4W, which would be a 0.1A bulb. So, perhaps part number DNW1-DW10 would be a closer match to the stock bulbs. It seems like I read somewhere that the stock bulbs are 7 lumens, for what it's worth.

@gummycarbs Do you mind if I utilize your research efforts and add these parts to my site? It would save people some headaches as this thread falls into the ether.

I already have about 20 of the DW-10s leftover from the last time I tried to source them (also from Mouser) but I never followed up with the others. :(

I really want to replace all my dash bulbs. Would these work?

Not for all of them. Just the PRNDL cluster, climate control module, and most of the buttons. The instrument cluster uses bigger bulbs and I *think* that the idiot lights are an intermediate size.

Next time I take my dash apart I'll get some pictures and measurements and see if I can find matches for the rest of the bulbs.

Nice find. I just lost the left side of my auto climate control buttons.

I just got the junkyard and get a handful of bulbs and holders... All of the older Toyotas are the same

anyone do a kit as once take out the full dash and cluster only want to do it once and replace all
LEDs or otherwise

anyone do a kit as once take out the full dash and cluster only want to do it once and replace all
LEDs or otherwise
I would love to be able to buy a kit

Agree on the LEDs. If I remove my dash, I will not put incandescent bulbs, I'll go LED...

Does anyone have experience with the LED dash light bulbs? How do they compare to OEM in terms of brightness and color? My concern is whether or not the stock dash lighting rheostat will be able to dim the LED lights to be near black-out. I prefer a very dark cabin for night driving, it helps me to spot the deer and elk on the roads. Thoughts?

Does anyone have experience with the LED dash light bulbs? How do they compare to OEM in terms of brightness and color? My concern is whether or not the stock dash lighting rheostat will be able to dim the LED lights to be near black-out. I prefer a very dark cabin for night driving, it helps me to spot the deer and elk on the roads. Thoughts?

One of my friends did the change, noticeable difference.

The issue I saw, if you read the entire thread, is that many people that did the LED swap have run into issues with longevity of the bulbs. I decided to change color to blue, but keep the incandescent bulbs so I do not have to take the dash apart every 4-6-8 weeks.

CELICA XX used a different brand of LED and has had some success with them not burning out.

IMO, the blue dash with incandescent bulbs is fine, but the AC controls are slightly muted.

This is blue 4 main dash bulbs and super white bulbs for the idiot lights. The camera makes the hot spots look much worse than they are and almost every LED pic shows similar hot spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom