LED dash lights. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed white LED dash lights tonight. Looks a lot better, IMO.

IMG_4837.JPG

How hard was this??

It was very easy. A screw driver and some time to take the dash apart. I got the bulbs off amazon. The cluster has 4 backlights. If you want the gear selector in the center to light up light, you have to take it out and add a different LED light in it.

These are the main back lights.

Partsam T10 194 LED Light bulb 168 LED Bulbs Bright Instrument Panel Gauge Cluster Dashboard LED Light Bulbs Set 10 T10 LED Bulbs with 10 Twist Lock Socket – White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KT1BH1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_QF6Mzb5TPTKGK

This is the back light for the gear selector.

Partsam 10PCS White T4.2 Neo Wedge Instrument Panel LED Light Gauge Cluster Bulbs Shifter Radio Switch Indicator Lamp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVXTVZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_NpmWdYNP64Nm3

nice

So you replaced the main back lights plus each individual gear (P, N, R, etc.)?
What about the warning indicators - oil pressure, engine, etc.?

Dimmer still work on these?

Thanks

nice

So you replaced the main back lights plus each individual gear (P, N, R, etc.)?
What about the warning indicators - oil pressure, engine, etc.?

Dimmer still work on these?

Thanks

I only replaced the back lights. 4 main backlights. And one backlight on the indicators (different bulb). I thought changing all the indicators would make them very bright for normal driving conditions. I did install a new gas light as mine was blown. It's the same bulb as the cluster backlights.

And yes they dim just fine.

I only replaced the back lights. 4 main backlights. And one backlight on the indicators (different bulb). I thought changing all the indicators would make them very bright for normal driving conditions. I did install a new gas light as mine was blown. It's the same bulb as the cluster backlights.

perfect. Thanks for trying this out.

I got the 4 main back lights in - looks a lot better.

For the 'one backlight on the indicators (different bulb)' which one did you change? is it the lowest (lowest one in this parti in this image (image from another thread on similar topic and I think from a '91 so may not be identical) that you changed too?

gear-indicator2.jpg

edit - never mind - I tried replacing the green bulb and that got it

gear-indicator2.jpg

Last edited:
I got the 4 main back lights in - looks a lot better.

For the 'one backlight on the indicators (different bulb)' which one did you change? is it the lowest (lowest one in this parti in this image (image from another thread on similar topic and I think from a '91 so may not be identical) that you changed too?

View attachment 1526091

edit - never mind - I tried replacing the green bulb and that got it

View attachment 1526144

Yeah it's the top light with the green bulb. Post some pics when you get it lit up

where on the back of the cluster is the lights for the gear you are in?

It was very easy. A screw driver and some time to take the dash apart. I got the bulbs off amazon. The cluster has 4 backlights. If you want the gear selector in the center to light up light, you have to take it out and add a different LED light in it.

These are the main back lights.

Partsam T10 194 LED Light bulb 168 LED Bulbs Bright Instrument Panel Gauge Cluster Dashboard LED Light Bulbs Set 10 T10 LED Bulbs with 10 Twist Lock Socket – White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KT1BH1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_QF6Mzb5TPTKGK

This is the back light for the gear selector.

Partsam 10PCS White T4.2 Neo Wedge Instrument Panel LED Light Gauge Cluster Bulbs Shifter Radio Switch Indicator Lamp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVXTVZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_NpmWdYNP64Nm3
just confirming on amazon the T4.2 pieces say the don't fit the 93 landcruiser what year did you install yours on?

What's the general life expectancy on something like this? I'm definitely interested but not something I want to have to redo every year or two.

Got mine swapped yesterday. Much better visibility. I used the smaller LEDs to replace all the shift indicator lights as well. It's definitely brighter but not distracting while driving and it's nice that they are dimmable. One hiccup is that the P indicator remains lit even when not in park. The brightness changes (more dim) but stays illuminated. There are 4 plugs on the back of the cluster. The upper right plug (behind the voltage gauge) is somehow tied to that P indicator. If that isn't plugged in the shift indicator works just fine and as expected. When the upper right plug is in, that's when the shift indicator P light stays illuminated. Not sure how those are tied together or how to fix it.

Got mine swapped yesterday. Much better visibility. I used the smaller LEDs to replace all the shift indicator lights as well. It's definitely brighter but not distracting while driving and it's nice that they are dimmable. One hiccup is that the P indicator remains lit even when not in park. The brightness changes (more dim) but stays illuminated. There are 4 plugs on the back of the cluster. The upper right plug (behind the voltage gauge) is somehow tied to that P indicator. If that isn't plugged in the shift indicator works just fine and as expected. When the upper right plug is in, that's when the shift indicator P light stays illuminated. Not sure how those are tied together or how to fix it.

Mine does the same with the P always on with the LEDs. Glad to know it's not just me.

was doing some research on your “P” always being illuminated. It said if they stay illuminated to remove and install rotating 180 degrees. Maybe that’s the trick ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom