FZJ armrest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need an arm rest. Someone wrote that there was a guy that had some or made them or something like that. Is he around, still?
My favorite chicky is looking for a pass side cup holder too.
Ideas?

:D ok, that picture I added was kinda big... sorry...
How the heck do you get em to fit in the corner like that...

Pat,
There are some pics and info on a custom dual cupholder bracket that attaches to the lid of the center console. Search the archives.

Steve Laird used to sell the arm rests but I don't think he sells them any more. He may still have a few. Search the archives.

-B-

Edit your profile and add an avatar.
-B-

Thanks B....

Again the Armrest ??? ???

Can't you use the nice rest in the center of your rig? Or is your arm too short? I use my armrest on top of my coolbox very comfortable.

I don't need any armrest. :D

Mike

Mike, No, I WANT an arm rest. If I wanted a cooler, Id get a cooler. They belong in the back seat anyway.
I'll get pulled over with a cooler... I'm sure of it! Luck-Irish and all that...

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=7082;start=msg58564#msg58564 date=1067897083]
Again the Armrest ??? ???

Can't you use the nice rest in the center of your rig? Or is your arm too short? I use my armrest on top of my coolbox very comfortable.

I don't need any armrest. :D

Mike
[/quote]

It's not that my arm is too short, it's the rest of me is too long. The armrest, along with the leather seat leg room is definate proof that LCs are still designed and made in Japan. When I had the stock armrest i looked like I was doin' tha gangsta lean all of the time.

The gangsta lean is cool though Gumby. I am even considering lowering my armrest to be cooler than I already am. ::)

It's not that my arm is too short, it's the rest of me is too long. The armrest, along with the leather seat leg room is definate proof that LCs are still designed and made in Japan. When I had the stock armrest i looked like I was doin' tha gangsta lean all of the time.

I don't think so that you are taller than me. Okay, the legroom is really short but you can lower your seat and adjust your steering wheel. But what is your problem with the stock armrest. It is neither too low nor too short or too far away. It is just perfect. It is nice big not such a small thing like most custom made armrests. Is yours too low?? Or what is the problem???

Mike

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=7082;start=msg58777#msg58777 date=1067929670]

I don't think so that you are taller than me. Okay, the legroom is really short but you can lower your seat and adjust your steering wheel. But what is your problem with the stock armrest. It is neither too low nor too short or too far away. It is just perfect. It is nice big not such a small thing like most custom made armrests. Is yours too low?? Or what is the problem???

Mike
[/quote]

I disagree. The stock armrest is too low and too far away. Mine is not. My custom armrest is higher and wider than the stock. My arm rests comfortably without my having to lean to the right. I also have giant adjustable cupholders. 8)

The stock armrest is too low and too far away.

Maybe my stock armrest is higher because of the Cooler Box and not too far away. For me it is very comfortable and I don't have to lean to any side.

But I think people are different and so my condition will not apply to everybody. BTW, I have four cupholders in my rig and I use only one.

Mike

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=7082;start=msg58777#msg58777 date=1067929670]
Is yours too low?? Or what is the problem???

Mike
[/quote]

My only problem is there is no factory armrest on my console , we aren't all so (un)fortunate to have leather which has the armrest. US models w/cloth interior don't have the "armrest" ;)

Can you guys who have custom armrests take a pic, and post em? Even the (Mike)cooler!!!
I'm thinking of making one myself...

Yeah, I too am curious about the "stock" armrest. I thought the cubby lid is the only factory arm rest. But now I get the feeling that there's an actual arm rest separate from the cubby lid. Maybe I'm just reading the posts incorrectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom