Fun swap for the ambitious N04C-T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
This popped up on eBay, located in Tennessee, $4500 shipped, include transmission. This is a 4.0l 16V N04CT (modern W04CT) with what should be an A860e 6 speed automatic. Best guess... This also should be 24V and 177hp/354tq. 3200 RPM redline. The transmission has a 3.3 1st gear and a nice .58 OD in 6th. Despite having the harness and ECUs, the electronics could be quite the challenge, not mention adapting a t-case.

Factory manual for the N04CT w/ manual trans is all I have....

Last edited:
the electronics could be quite the challenge, not mention adapting a t-case.
This engine is fitted to 4wd versions of the Dutro, but the rear drive shaft exits from the centre of the t/case. So you could probably use the t/case but you would have to use a centred diff with it.

Lol (at myself)... the 15BFT is still in process. W04CT is sitting upstairs in the barn.
It's only comical to me because I do the same thing. I have three 12hts and three 3bs in various stages of disrepair right now and it's still hard for me to pass up a "deal".

This popped up on eBay, located in Tennessee, $4500 shipped, include transmission. This is a 4.0l 16V N04CT (modern W04CT) with what should be an A860e 6 speed automatic. Best guess... This also should be 24V and 177hp/354tq. 3200 RPM redline. The transmission has a 3.3 1st gear and a nice .58 OD in 6th. Despite having the harness and ECUs, the electronics could be quite the challenge, not mention adapting a t-case.

Factory manual for the N04CT w/ manual trans is all I have....

I've been eyeing those up too! I think one of the 15bfte/dyna manuals I posted covers the n04ct in some detail also. These motors were used in the late model mega cruisers too I think? So shouldnt be too strange, as probably connected to same drivetrain as the 15bftes did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom