Fuel tank repair/restoration NoVa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser804

SILVER Star
Threads
Have a pin hole leak in my sub-tank, baffle is loose as well. Are there any decent fuel tank repair shops in the area?

You can try Matt at The Rising Sun Mechanical "SKUNK-WORKS" in Annapolis. He mentioned to me a place just over the PA line that specializes in tank work. I think his site is down for a short period while he catches up on orders.

I got a secondhand referral that suggested calling Overland 4X4 in Alexandria. Yes, I know, they're LR guys, but I'm told they have experience with fuel tanks.

I got a secondhand referral that suggested calling Overland 4X4 in Alexandria. Yes, I know, they're LR guys, but I'm told they have experience with fuel tanks.
I didn’t have a good experience for something minor that wasn’t vehicle specific.

If Matt can’t help or no one has a specific recommendation you might want to ask around hot rod/muscle car shops since tank work is fairly common for those builds (or at least I think that’s the case).

Thanks guys! I'll give them a shout. Much appreciated!

Happy to report West York did a great job on the tank repair. This was the sub tank for the 80 which has a plastic thinga m joby in it so they couldn't give it the full treatment which involves burning the tank. But they re-welded the loose baffle, fixed the hole, coated the take inside and out. including shipping cost about 440. Very responsive and easy to work with. Not a DMV style shop, cash and check only. :cool:

IMG_0075.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg
IMG_0077.jpeg

A shop in the DC metro area.... that takes credit card, PP, your first born and a kidney. 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom