Fuel Pump / Strainer Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are the symptoms of a clogged / partially clogged fuel pump strainer? I’ve got a 97 1FZFE. Have replaced the short block, head rebuilt, and most bits around engine replaced- all OEM parts. However, I’ve never touched the fuel pump or strainer. I’m guessing the pump and strainer are original. The truck has 226K miles on the odometer. If the pump and strainer are original, and they fail, is the failure all or nothing, or is there a slow progression toward complete failure?

Don’t know the answer to this question, but pulling the fuel pump and sock are a little time consuming, but easy. 1 banana job.

I pulled mine at 160k miles and found very little debris in the sock. No corrosion in or around the tank.

If in doubt, pull the pump/sock and replace it. Good to have peace of mind regardless.

Don’t know the answer to this question, but pulling the fuel pump and sock are a little time consuming, but easy. 1 banana job.

I pulled mine at 160k miles and found very little debris in the sock. No corrosion in or around the tank.

If in doubt, pull the pump/sock and replace it. Good to have peace of mind regardless.
I think I will in the near future. I’ve had complete and sudden fuel pump failure in the past in other vehicles. Was really wondering if the fuel pump and strainer can fail slowly vs. sudden death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom