fuel guage & speedo ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 65 fj40 and i'd like to go after market gauges can any one tell me the ohm value of the sending unit or for the fuel guage dont want to order the wrong one. Also can someone let me know about speedometer cable 3 speed to new speedo no exsisting cable to work with and i dont want to order the wrong stuff gets expensive . Please help

Welcome.

As far as your speedometer cable....you will need to get a custom one made....you can try to look around locally...there should be someone in Denver that can make a speedometer cable to work for you.

Good luck!

-Steve

I used a fuel guage for a Chrysler if I remember right it was set up for a read of 8 to78 ohms so its a little off but not far
full is full
1/2 is really 3/4
1/4 is really 1/2
Not much worse than some of the factory guages in my older cars

speedo cable

I thought i read somewhere maybe on pirate about using isuzu trooper speedo cables to replace cruiser cables they were better because they were longer and worked better with some body lifts and other issues stock cables had, i know i read it i just dont remember where

General Sherman said:
Autometer does. It's programable to any sender.

Will still require the mounting flange to be modified in order to bolt into a stock fuel tank...

:beer:

Poser said:
Will still require the mounting flange to be modified in order to bolt into a stock fuel tank...

:beer:

The guage is programable to the stock sending unit

General Sherman said:
Autometer does. It's programable to any sender.

You are correct - I don't know why I didn't run across the programmable Autometer fuel gauges when I searched for my '40 recently. Prolly because Summit doesn't seem to carry them.

Here's a link to one on the Autometer site:

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=3471

This guage runs $115 at Jegs. The autometer universal fuel level sender and corresponding sport comp fuel level guage are approx $35 each at Summit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom