fuel coming out vacuum ports? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwb

Threads
Gentlemen:

I have the stock Aisin carb on my 2F. It's completely desmogged and the carb was rebuilt recently by Jim C. I blew a head gasket, got it all back together, started it, but it won't stay running. Fuel delivery problem. Then I noticed when I was pouring fuel into the top of the carb, fuel was running out those three vacuum ports at the bottom that face the engine. This can't be right, can it?

Also, I've got a stream of fuel getting to the carb but its still not staying running. If these vacuum line leaks aren't the problem, what do I do?

Thanks!

First of all, DONT POUR FUEL DIRECTLY INTO THE BARREL OF THE CARB! The ports in the side are only ported directly into the primary barrel of the carb, so it is painfully obvious that you are pouring into the barrel. Use starter fluid for this purpose.

Get a smaller funnel and pour into the diagonal brass tube that extends out into the main opening in the top of the carb. This is the vent for the fuel bowl, WHERE THE FUEL BELONGS.

As far as why you have fuel delivery but truck won't run, there are too many possiblilities and not enough backround info to give a diagnosis. While I wouldn't rule out a carb problem, I have heard nothing but good things about Jim C's work, so I would start elsewhere.

If you have a large vacuum leak, then there may be insufficient draw to pull gas thru the jet and nozzle. Check brake booster and PCV lines first. They are the biggest source of potential vacuum leaks.

Good luck

Mark.

www.marksoffroad.net

Mark,

Thank you for the advice. One more question: What kind of gasket do I need to put between intake and carb insulator and between carb insulator and carb? I didn't want to order one and made one out of some of that high-temp stuff, but it leaked. I know...just order one. But I'm cheap. is there a special gasket material for fuel components?

Thanks,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom