Front turn signal change 1968/1969 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did the change from the small circular turn signals to the rectangular ones happen Jan 1969?

My fj40 is a April 1969 and I wanna make sure I order the correct ones. (if I recall I read it was a mid-year change)

Thanks in advance...

The published change date was 3/1969. I was told that was +/- a month or so as parts ran out. I have a Jan.1969 and it has all the parts of a 3/1969-9/1969 according to documents. I suppose in those days as cars were built , it makes sense that would be. I know that because the one I bought was from the original owner and I am the second owner and he never changed anything.

My father in law has a 69 that has round lights (don't know production date) but mine is a march 69 with the 69-74 style turn signals.

You're so close to the change-over date that you can just choose whichever you think looks better and nobody will ever know (unless you show it to the concours judges.) :meh:

Fish Tacos- That's what I was thinking.

What happened is I bought 2 of the rectangular ones because I wanted to be correct for 1969.

Then I read it was a mid-year switch after I had ordered and installed the rectangular turn signals.

Just completely smashed one of my new rectangular ones against a tree on Monday. This is my opportunity to order the early circular lights (the ones I always wanted). Earlier FJ40 stuff is cooler and looks better in my opinion. Gives the rig a more vintage look compared to the gen 2 lights.:cheers:

these TOYOTA-LAND-CRUISER-LANDCRUISER-FJ40-45-Turn-SIGNALS are on ebay.

80 bucks plus shipping isn't too bad. I have been combing the classifieds here for a few months and I just missed a NOS set at $60/shipped (IIRC) by ten minutes. The ad was up for about 20 minutes before it sold. Used ones do come up in the "parting out" section from time to time but mostly they are missing or damaged. I recently bought some old VW beetle turn signals for 10$ because I was frustrated:rolleyes: and decided I liked how they look. I'm not sure the blinkers on ebay are genuine Toyota but they look good.:meh:

I too prefer the round turn signals. I've been thinking about switching mine out just because. Nothing wrong with mine, I just like the look better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom