Front sway bar help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys so I got my truck running with no issues. I have noticed a little problem... My front sway bar bracket that holds the bushing has totally broken off, I will need to re-weld that sucker back. My question... Any electronic components or fuses to remove not not fry anything durring the welding process?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t believe so. My shop did it by polishing, welding and reinstalling. Pretty straight forward.

Disconnect your battery before welding anything on your truck.

I fried my gauge cluster by welding on the frame.
I'd say disconnect the battery.

Thanks for the heads up guys, was thinking about the battery too, any alternatives to welding them? Like a bolt on set?

Welding would be the best option.

That sway bar bushing is rubber and must be changed occasionally. When you need to change it (the bracket has to come off to do that) are you going to cut it off and re-weld it?

The tab from the frame that holds the bushing clip has broken off due to rust I believe.... I will post pics, after I posted my last post I remembered that they have to be able to be taken off for replacement, I will do best I can and post pics for you guys. Thanks for the heads up guys. I have a lot of work on this truck and will also post a new thread for help on priority of repairs. Thanks again guys.

how does disconnecting the battery prevent frying the electronics? It's not like the computer is disconnected because the battery is disconnected?

Hey guys so I got my truck running with no issues. I have noticed a little problem... My front sway bar bracket that holds the bushing has totally broken off, I will need to re-weld that sucker back. My question... Any electronic components or fuses to remove not not fry anything durring the welding process?

Thanks in advance.

Not a problem at all man, everybody's cool in this forum.. I have received so much help on this forum I'm just feeling happy to help for once. Good luck!

Been where you are...not an easy location to weld.

Just be sure your welding ground connection is as close to the weld area as you can get it...and attached to bare metal portion of frame in this instance (sand/grind it down...the better the ground connection the better the chance no current migration from your effected area). I use a magnetic clamp...makes life easier in tight places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom