Front suspension spacers/levelling kit, do they work with the GX470? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RE ^

See here. This is before amd after my install of 0.75" Al spacer.
AVS actuator remounted fine.

I have these same spacers. Ebay 1.5 inch lift, but made sure they were for a 4th gen 4runner and the ACTUAL thickness was .75 inches......but I also had to return my first spacers I ordered in error for a tacoma, oops. Hopefully soon my spacers will be coming out to install the Eibach front coil overs that just arrived in the mail.

It depends on the spacer. With a 1.5 inch spacer you can simply turn the bracket 180 degrees and it works fine. With a 2 inch spacer you have to trim the bracket so it will still fit. Either way, it's possible to use a spacer. I've done it, and I liked it a lot.

Spacers are totally fine for most people like me who don't do anything worse than dirt roads. A top mount spacer will not have any significant impact on your ride quality, so no worries.

Did you have to set / clock the actuators and the chocks when you put them back on, or did everything reset it self?
I know the actuators turn the valve in the center of the shock stem but don't know if a have to set everything manually before I install.

My tech said it was straight forward, plenty of room to remount the shock control module in situ. I had read that some people had to rotate the module 180 degrees (these were with bigger spacers), but that was not the case for me. Here are pix of stock and the spacer-installed each shows the shock dampening module mounted the same.

27fYwUaCyA21xDkuE794WgdrdlvZ5QzdvUjHPv8IZa69jIvBSOc9A9q7wKEuidqUrWt0omVOZ9P35hU-vA19kTwP4oquIACM-wsQ1PK6-i4spr7LXlCNP5YqrynmLU5Bvh9091RyNLOLB7gLo85F0aFNX2BoOQdBQacYnp32afx8Jy2oHaRp-1jBYK-KVnmpWMQy1G4hKNfHQxVqiHPMW-vut6UpHioTws34600X9z47o9LWr5UkEVQ4IBa3TXLqCnhlzmuFFpIM21kDx0MLAwYZxc5IWtxeQ1PIdIxxoD8wFK0dIup61VAcohr6B-ZBUARgmg5EsP4fN6ZoQD0yxtYo5j7zuIEU4q-67Aul5N-M8PQF_8rV9-Gz_JcR-ryUFx07pbmlqbDgauWtymgU7dssTK2rH8nvVqJML0R3MB5Zth-1uSDbvO_RQ4nTbKtrzM_1ShY8Q0GyflyatFH9w1SuR3ea0FLjwf3RdqtjKO3ycnKUOPDUSw8dyqX-6KvOgMqmhVNZ13fKwEFDH8fyRDu9KwNHRtflJXgpJGGx8Bj110FiLi8crxlwU61Ko37HrS_Hy86Yr49Q5vj3J3PUQ1CkDbgjviOb-HXdcC9W5Uja3dMKWy6rgbN5DvkKF0QFxq-iRuCsndsnahyrVBM_0ZAmvi_TcjU-VNmrG4I0h8ub0XI0xeQgVc7lobpy7eFMTD0XyBH14GQMBa1TEHk=w1251-h939-no
TsZ6fhV6OSdkwNnz4pzIAoIFV7S0l3EhSDPpclmfS8unPCgqkgv3WXMZufulfXTvM1mXof_r8rN-cwJVPDbhU2Xv5JymcwAiMDo1XSmnpLWIiHPwiJTRIYIgmtYzDzHU7XcJme7XnKMC-shxlzugIn2ykFdelgQMzHQADtj8CBSubjPvDviPJ-C-MXWLCSoQWfkuAaKBrIiXQ8zeeLJwtnEUO7CXerIW5eyj_THSi2dMzqF5oqcBKF80_HkoSWS6T0g_QFbx82QYmFWKN3sbdMjAkeyQEHH5_GQFx_8gbts7Bvm_LjEXiwm_z7SOjNdgjKFmzXwq0_L73jrImTgUdZKkeFhJZnzC_CyXxeRroY4lypUSFqBmmIfOghD8BwuXo3KQxkHfMvActTuNfcA2kcvJyfo90Aac3N7nmKs4WY334xURnJKulZlfsnJqOnkAIWSLiI4TWPkSB0_gd-NTGAYCKC9hvnJMrLBXJ0sHxKEOJTAuzVs2xNXqqSV_-dcYY2oDWNOvFZrzjU1tfbjGVcDdcIq830iaoJs2iKZ03-25nPonv5XxtT_U58h8Xpax7IXq-UfrE-lkelA8SK6o6MR1B4ihDQpgQl23ExR4fNjo83-v4fRe3oIORhsz70Ky1Xf-IcpvWyXtEPsfyjufdg9oYaMqfrHyaPV0Q5ZzrGtDlkDGdrOY95g4f7qf-KnByCKHHb10TuOd8_Yqt5w=w1251-h939-no
Did you have to set / clock the actuators and the chocks when you put them back on, or did everything reset it self?
I know the actuators turn the valve in the center of the shock stem but don't know if a have to set everything manually before I install.

As i understandh, There was no change to the shock's length or meed to calibrate actuators. Just took them off, moved the assembled strut, installed spacer onto strut studs, installed assembled strut with spacer into truck,. reinstall actuator.

As i understandh, There was no change to the shock's length or meed to calibrate actuators. Just took them off, moved the assembled strut, installed spacer onto strut studs, installed assembled strut with spacer into truck,. reinstall actuator.
@DRANGED in your before and after pics it looks like you have the actuator bracket facing the same way. How did you make that work if so? I thought you had to spin it 180°. So that is what I did just because, not sure I tried it the original way. Also I could have looked at your pics wrong too 🤷‍♂️

@DRANGED in your before and after pics it looks like you have the actuator bracket facing the same way. How did you make that work if so? I thought you had to spin it 180°. So that is what I did just because, not sure I tried it the original way. Also I could have looked at your pics wrong too 🤷‍♂️
I had also read that too, that it needs to be spun 180°, my wrench was able to install it the same way as original, I was surprised by that. I wonder if the taller spacers require the rotation. I think the post that indicated 100° rotation was a 1" spacer.
He said it went on just fine as is

Here are some pics of the lift I installed this weekend

C913AD43-F1E6-44F9-AB42-FA0A30E5C1EF.jpeg

79DC076D-3F95-4D08-9AD9-643BD221EC30.jpeg

4D1AEA83-386D-417E-9E22-7D33C3735C78.jpeg

1D46B7BC-B40B-460A-8587-AAC0A07E05BA.jpeg

E7D5A630-EA77-4A15-80F9-C993FB84666C.jpeg

ED34C319-DB6E-4FD2-9A87-17347A3E39E8.jpeg

51086597-BBC7-4E05-B3DD-882E7DAA4607.jpeg

79E00796-D073-4BD8-A72D-C0AC0C4E6ADE.jpeg

91466E3A-AB9C-4EBA-82A6-873958C32CA0.jpeg

094D5918-72A3-42D5-BC48-85314B4AAA04.jpeg

Is that new springs with the new shocks?
looks great!

My stock springs have certainly sagged and my one and a half inch lift is true, yours looks like a bit more than one and a half but I would suspect new springs are giving you that stance. 😈👍

Based on others experience's, I would heavily reconsider the diff drop portion.
Those tend to be recommended over 3-in lift, and reliable word suggests more can of worms than gains....
$0.02

Looks good!
Power Stop rotors?
how do you like them?
The Drivers side bracket I had to grind and bend the long piece up to get it to seat on the shock nut, Ill take a pic of that tomorrow.
As far as the Power Stop rotors, I have only did a small drive as one of the splash guards is rubbing so I have to put it on the lift in the morning before I take her to the alignment rack.
I got the rotors and pads from amazon they are Detroit Axle.
Is that new springs with the new shocks?
looks great!

My stock springs have certainly sagged and my one and a half inch lift is true, yours looks like a bit more than one and a half but I would suspect new springs are giving you that stance. 😈👍

Based on others experience's, I would heavily reconsider the diff drop portion.
Those tend to be recommended over 3-in lift, and reliable word suggests more can of worms than gains....
$0.02

Interesting on the diff drop, I saw a few videos and a couple posts about using them with 2" lift to retain the CV Axel angles.
those are the original springs I just painted them. The Spacer is only about 1" thick netting 2" at the spindle
I will take another pic when I get back from the alignment.
I would think they may sag a bit after some road time.
Amazon product ASIN B082DJPYS5

The Drivers side bracket I had to grind and bend the long piece up to get it to seat on the shock nut, Ill take a pic of that tomorrow.
As far as the Power Stop rotors, I have only did a small drive as one of the splash guards is rubbing so I have to put it on the lift in the morning before I take her to the alignment rack.
I got the rotors and pads from amazon they are Detroit Axle.

Interesting on the diff drop, I saw a few videos and a couple posts about using them with 2" lift to retain the CV Axel angles.
those are the original springs I just painted them. The Spacer is only about 1" thick netting 2" at the spindle
I will take another pic when I get back from the alignment.
I would think they may sag a bit after some road time.
Amazon product ASIN B082DJPYS5
Oh..nah, they're probably not going to sag. Somewhere up in the history of this thread is posted a hand-drawn picture of the geometry why you net 2x lift vs spacer thickness.
So yeah, with a 1-in puck your lift looks accurate at 2 in.
Does your rig have KDSS? what are your tire plans? 😈🤘

The touched up springs look rad too! It came together nicely

Oh..nah, they're probably not going to sag. Somewhere up in the history of this thread is posted a hand-drawn picture of the geometry why you net 2x lift vs spacer thickness.
So yeah, with a 1-in puck your lift looks accurate at 2 in.
Does your rig have KDSS? what are your tire plans? 😈🤘

The touched up springs look rad too! It came together nicely

This one, unfortunately, does not have the KDSS, which would have been nice, I will just disconnect and tie up the sway bar when we go for a day of trailing.
thanks!

I also installed new rack and pinion, and all new brakes.
Next on the list:
Black power coat the wheels, and possibly do spacers
Larger all terrain tires
Black out all the chrome
Disassemble the head lights and park lights, paint the chrome black and install HID headlights and LED brights and turn signals
Smoke the tail lights
Detail the interior and install an Android "Tesla" style 10.4" radio
New timing belt and water pump
Finaly fresh paint or clear coat, Ill have to ask around to see if the paint is savable

Hope to get it all done for Christmas gift for the wife.
It would be nice if my shop was not at my house so she would not see it as I progress... LOL
I picked this baby up for only $4000 with 128k miles.

I used a 2" Toytec spring in the front and tricked the air bags in the rear for the additional 1/2" to perfectly level my GX.
Are you running the stock shocks up front with the new 2" Toytec spring?
How does it ride now?
I installed a winch bumper and now need to get my 2" lift back..
I am running an 1" spacer at the top and that gave about 2" but now the stock springs are sagging due to new bumper.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom