Front Seat Foam.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The foam on my front seats is worn out and mushed down. I want to put additional foam in the seats for better cushion.
Has anyone done this?
Is it hard?

Oh yeah..i have a '96 w/Leather.

[glow=green,2,300]LATER[/glow]
-Joe M. -

Beats me, our 91 cruiser needs new padding. I saw something like it on the tv show "Trucks." They had a kit that included new padding and new seat covers for an older American Truck. Not much help I know, but a start.

-Matt

I saw that "TRUCKS" episode also.
They used KATZKIN leather covers..and while they had the covers off..they just added more padding.

http://www.katzkin.com

Someone on this forum installed the KATZKINS and liked them.

I am not looking to drop $1000+ on new leathers...just .99 Cents on some Foam to stuff in the seats :D

[glow=green,2,300]later[/glow]
-Joe M.-

New OEM seat foam pads are still available. IIRC they run about 90 bucks a rattle.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=4460;start=msg33382#msg33382 date=1061358675]
New OEM seat foam pads are still available. IIRC they run about 90 bucks a rattle.
[/quote]

Sounds Like a semi-reasonable price. How tough is it to do the R&R?

I had my 60 seats restuffed for around $90 for the pair, but the extra $ for a factory molded cushion would be worth it...

Jim

You need to remove the seat from the vehicle and take it apart. You will need hog rings and hog ring pliers. If you have never done upholstery work you may want to have an automotive upholsterer do it for you. You could save some money if you removed the seat from the vehicle yourself and took just that in. I just looked at the driver's seat "bun" for a leather seat vehicle (80 series 93-97). That one lists for $131.29. A "Smart Shopper" could get one for around $98.47 ;)

since my front seat cover is torn on my 88 fj62, I just took more foam and shoved it under. I sealed it with duct tape and threw on some cheap 10 buck seat covers. Can't tell the difference until you pull off the covers.good luck!

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=4460;start=msg33509#msg33509 date=1061398390]
A "Smart Shopper" could get one for around $98.47 ;)
[/quote]

Is that approximate? ::)

How much duct tape did you use exactly? Was it the extra wide stuff? What kind of foam did you use? Was it fun?

I used enough ductape to cover about 6 inches or more from the tear and I just overstuffed the foam that I found laying around. I would maybe get a higher density foam, especially if you want to get more support around the edges. That way the seat stays in form of a bucket rather that a flat seat.( the duct tape does flatten the edges a little).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom