Front end vibration after new lowers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My son has a 05' 4runner v8 full time four wheel drive with a three inch lift on it. He is running 33's on the truck and has previously put new Total Chaos upper control arms on it. Earlier this month we put Total Chaos lower control arms on it and a front diff or hub vibration now occurs under heavy throttle only. It is not specific to turning left or right. Not quite sure what "normal" is for these wheel bearings, they aren't loud but I can hear the balls spinning. When tire is on and wheel is off the ground there is no bearing play in either wheel. Here's what we have done to try and remedy the issue so far:
-Replaced both cv axles with new Toyota reman axles...no change
-Added 1" diff drop...no change
-Removed front drive shaft and drove in rear wheel drive only...vibration gone
-Replaced front drive shaft...no change
-Motor mounts are good
-Tires are balanced
-Took to local Toyota dealer and they checked everything listed above and didn't inspect diff....picked truck up due to lack of confidence in their abilities

My thoughts moving forward are:
-Checking to see if it is the rubber bushings that hold the front diff in place
-Taking it to TEQ (in Raleigh NC) and having them check the front diff

Any thoughts on this are welcomed. Thank you

-Rich

Toyota dealer lacked confidence? Usually they jump at the opportunity to take your money :rolleyes: I think I'm due to replace my wheel hub assemblies, that could be something peripheral you check. Did you get an alignment on it?

Oh they definitely wanted to take our money.....but never addressed the issue that we brought it in for. Instead they were concerned with the cabin air filter and spark plugs...We did get it aligned as soon as the lower control arms were put on. Is there a "check" for the wheel hub assemblies other than driving feel? There is no play in wheels when elevated and pushed back and forth at 6 and 12

Not an expert by any means, but yeah the is usually for movement in the 6 and 12 + 3 and 9, very fine amounts of movement, as if the lugs seem loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom