Front Disc Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Think I have a leaking front wheel cylinder.
What is the best (Not the cheapest) set up for disc brakes.

TIA,
Rhys

I don't know if it is the absolut best, but...I kinda like the miniknuckle/vented60rotor/V6IFSCaliper thing....it bolts together real nice and stops just fine.

I just got a '76-'78 axle and rebuilt it and threw it under the cruiser, but if I had known then what I know now, I think I would swap in the FJ60 knuckles/rotors and calipers.
JMO

Ed

ED-IT
Actually, PigHead has a better idea. Minis had solid rotors, but you can change to the 60 rotors and the V6 calipers are a good deal larger.

I just got a '76-'78 axle and rebuilt it and threw it under the cruiser, but if I had known then what I know now, I think I would swap in the FJ60 knuckles/rotors and calipers.

I'm going the "later FJ40 front axle" route myself. I'd like to know: what'd you do for a master cylinder and plumbing?

Thanks. Hijack over.

I'm going the "later FJ40 front axle" route myself. I'd like to know: what'd you do for a master cylinder and plumbing?

Thanks. Hijack over.

I have the pesky vertical rib on the firewall and no booster, so I went with a '74-'75 Corvette non-boosted 4WDB master, proportioning valve and plumbed all new hard lines, seems to stop 33's just fine.

Ed

The often-posted pics.....:rolleyes:
4WDB 001.jpg
4WDB 006.jpg
4WDB 008.jpg

I swapped the mini components to mine and used 60 rotors and 4runner calipers.

" the oft-posted pics . . . "

Oh. Right. I didn't recognize you. Did you change your avatar or something? I have seen the pics before. Thanks.

I like the idea of the non-bosted setup for simplicity.

" the oft-posted pics . . . "

Oh. Right. I didn't recognize you. Did you change your avatar or something? I have seen the pics before. Thanks.

I like the idea of the non-bosted setup for simplicity.

Have not changed the avi in a long time, but posted the pics many times. I made an adapter to mate the three-bolt firewall to the two-bolt master....more oft-posted pics;)....
GM_MCyl_Adapter 002.jpg

i swapped 60 knuckles and birfs onto my 72 nad it was night and day compared to the drums. the only problem i have is i didn't put in a residual pressure valve so i have to pump them twice. but second pump and its stops on a dime, which is saying alot for my 4500lb+ 40.

How much?

Rhys
Whatever the price is, it will be fair....probably MORE than fair. I know Mike and he is a fair-shake of a guy.

Ed

77 TLC parts swapped in on front... and full sized gm on rear. Stops way faster than the cars behind me.

Whatever the price is, it will be fair....probably MORE than fair. I know Mike and he is a fair-shake of a guy.

Ed

Thanks Ed. I did have 'em a little over-priced to start with, but I got 'em down to a better price and they are sold (pending my getting a shipping price next week)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom