Front Bucket Seat Options 71-72? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
My early 72 FJ40 has the original bench seats, but driver seat needs to be recovered. Thinking about upgrading to bucket seats for comfort and so I can add a 3 point seat belt for both front seats and a center console to store my crap. I know there are options from Cool Cruisers and Corbeau, but don't think they bolt directly to the early 72 model. Would love to understand what options I have that could be as close to a direct bolt on as possible. See some have used BMW 3 series seats, but don't know how they would mount. Welcome any help/advice!

IMG_9118_HEIC-X3.jpg

I installed a pair of Best Top Jeep Seats in mine and it was a massive improvement for comfort. Low bolsters make it nice and easy to get in and out. Had suspension type seats, race seats, and the same stock drivers bucket And bench combo. Around $600 pre COVID and some home made Bracketry. Don’t think you will find much off the shelf help. I remember butchering my passenger seat to make a platform and made a square tube frame mounted on my flip up stock drivers mount. I’m not a got to keep everything stock owner, spent 45 years getting my 40 perfect 😂.

I installed a pair of Best Top Jeep Seats in mine and it was a massive improvement for comfort. Low bolsters make it nice and easy to get in and out. Had suspension type seats, race seats, and the same stock drivers bucket And bench combo. Around $600 pre COVID and some home made Bracketry. Don’t think you will find much off the shelf help. I remember butchering my passenger seat to make a platform and made a square tube frame mounted on my flip up stock drivers mount. I’m not a got to keep everything stock owner, spent 45 years getting my 40 perfect 😂.
trying not to have to make my own brackets...Corbeau says these will fit an early 72, but don't know if it is true....

Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 70-8/73 Seat Brackets - https://corbeau.com/toyota-landcruiser-fj40-70-8-73-seat-brackets/

Maybe a bit of info here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom