Front axle castor shims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. I have a 68 with a 4 inch lift. It wasn’t handling very well so I went through the front end and installed 6 deg. Shims yesterday. I heard a little pop tightening the u-bolts and sure enough the passenger side shim cracked. Does this need to be replaced or can it be ran this way? Thanks. Drives great now😂

F398378B-57F1-4DE2-9D42-4ACC4480F118.jpeg

I'd want more information about the extent of the crack. Did it crack in line with the pin hole? Did it crack on only one side or both? Also, how do you expect to drive the vehicle?

Did you install aluminum shims? They will crack instead of slightly bending. You should use steel shims.

I'd want more information about the extent of the crack. Did it crack in line with the pin hole? Did it crack on only one side or both? Also, how do you expect to drive the vehicle?
It is cracked on both sides it looks like it’s not inline with the hole but it’s close. It appears to not be cracked all the way through vertically. Only one shim cracked on the passenger side. I just use it to cruise right now. Just bought it a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom