From the Bluegrass to the Low Country... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings, wife and I will soon be moving to the Mt. Pleasant area. Along with her and the 2 big goofy dogs I'll be bringing my '97 Land Cruiser down. We have a townhouse very close to the Ravenel Bridge that we'll call home for the mean time. She's wrapping up grad school this semester while I've started the job hunt there. I could be there in the next couple of weeks or couple of months, depends on when something comes up job wise. Sooner the better.

Looking forward to the area along with getting out and meeting some Cruiser people. Long shot, but if anybody is in the restoration/insurance business drop me a line please.

Thanks and see you guys soon!

Welcome to the area, I'm in Mt. Pleasant also. Let us know when you get in town and we can meet for lunch/dinner

Welcome to the Low Country! Look forward to meeting you soon. Be sure to check out our calendar and come on out for a visit.

We'll be looking for you ! Plenty of work opportunities in Charleston, hope that you find the right one!

Appreciate the warm responses so far. Looking forward to loading everything up and making the drive there.

Side note, anybody know of a good range down there? Something out to 5-800 yards would be great.

Welcome to my Town. Only BBQ place here to eat at is Bessinger's BBQ. There really aren't any other BBQ restaurants around here.
Unless, of course, you want really good pork, ribs, brisket, or chicken. :flipoff2:

Side note, anybody know of a good range down there? Something out to 5-800 yards would be great.
Your best (only) bet is the Palmetto Gun Club. I used to be a member for many years, but it was too far of a drive for me. They have matches of all disciplines in rifles, pistol, and 3-gun. When I left several years ago, they had a 600 yard range with plans of adding a 800 and maybe a 1,000. From where you'll be, its about a 45 min drive. Membership dues were moderate but the initiation fee was a little steep. You have to be sponsored, so PM me if you're interested.

Another option is the Twin Ponds range in the national forrest. They're doing a major overhaul and it should be ready any day now. The rifle bay will only be 100 yards, but I thought I had heard they might extend it to 200 yards. It will also be manned by DNR (SC dept of Natural Resources)...and its free. Its probably a 25 min drive from you.

Last edited:
I recently drove by the range that is out towards awendaw, and it said its closed. The only options around here are indoor unless you join a club

I recently drove by the range that is out towards awendaw, and it said its closed. The only options around here are indoor unless you join a club
That's Twin Ponds, and it should be open any day now. They have been doing a major renovation and it will be one of the nicest public ranges you've seen. Click on the link above.

Update... Accepted a job offer in Mt. Pleasant. Turned in my 2 weeks notice this morning and looking to be down there in the next 2.5-3 weeks. Now the fun of boxing everything up and having a last minute yard sale. Looking forward to being there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom