Fridge for 7x series ,Front mount intercoooler for my 79 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of you fellas maybe be interested , if you prefer air to air
take one of these bad boys
IMG_0389.jpg

chop of these little lugs and move them closer to the radiator
IMG_0415.jpg

remove the STD verticle braket and make a new one with T off to hold the top of cooler
IMG_0419.jpg

chuck one of these on ya motor :D
IMG_0448.jpg

get a post 90 gril so it's plastic and easier to work with than metal ones , chop the back of the lowest grill bar
IMG_0440.jpg

NOW this is for a RHD cruiser , so mark out a hole as in pic and cut the reason I had to go under headlight is the p/s box is below on the LHS the is a gap ( it's were the p/s box would go on lhs cruiser) between the body and chassis for intake plumbing , so sides would be revearsed for LHD cruisers,
IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

this is the lhs were a lhd p/s box in my case my plumbing went through here
IMG_0443.jpg

you fellas get the drift
03dddac8.jpg

start to build a snake , obviosly it will vary for different cruiser motors
8cbdae46.jpg

getting there
ad4d3db8.jpg

it did wriggle it's way into place as one piece but I cut a join in it to allow for engine vibration and body flex
fe986bc7.jpg

pipe sits under factory air box
11120986.jpg

the two p/s lines that go into the ps box you can see the two the higher one has to be lowered as it hits the new piping , I just put a 90* fitting in there so the hose come in on the side works well
49d4ca48.jpg

piped up
33c8d21e.jpg

custom grill I made, chop that stuff :D
d7aa55c1.jpg

get the second grill from wreckers for $30 give it some chop and bend
e466e3dd.jpg

a bit of tack welding
a26c39ba.jpg

pre

fit
675626c2.jpg

put plates in to fill gaps and strengthen etc
6d6bc76d.jpg

I chopped to much out of the grill as before I put the metal bend in there , there was a rubber cilicone bend there which was a lot fatter
3050b103.jpg

a bit of paint matching as there seems to be about 10 million different Toyota whites ,
6a6a9e8c.jpg

left over bit makes a good hanger
3e031cc5.jpg

and some new flares , still need to be painted
3529ffa7.jpg

whith the winch, spotties, bullbar etc it all happily misses the intercooler and new lower panel

fit
675626c2.jpg

put plates in to fill gaps and strengthen etc
6d6bc76d.jpg

I chopped to much out of the grill as before I put the metal bend in there , there was a rubber cilicone bend there which was a lot fatter
3050b103.jpg

a bit of paint matching as there seems to be about 10 million different Toyota whites ,
6a6a9e8c.jpg

left over bit makes a good hanger
3e031cc5.jpg

and some new flares , still need to be painted
3529ffa7.jpg

whith the winch, spotties, bullbar etc it all happily misses the intercooler and new lower panel

Hi Clint79
You should put on the factory flare that I have put on HZJ75 together with aluminium side step.

Hi Clint,

Nice install, looks factory.

Did you get yours fuelling issues sorted out yet? What's the outcome?

My build is on hold at the mo, really bad weather here so I put it all back to stock until is clears up a bit.

did you mod your pump to get rid of the factory fuel limiter? So where is the pyrometer probe? I'd also look at the better or modded injectors. If you need help with the injectors shoot me a pm and we'll chat about the options and how to mod the injectors.

intercooler

Nice Job:cheers: ..thanks for the pics

Thanks for the imput fellas

wongtsenhin, i love the factory flares espcially the little bolt hole up the front but they are hard to come by second hand with out being broken and also i dont like how the mud flap is joined into it ,so if you want to take off or they get ripped off the lower mud flaps it look a little funny, these flares are a TJM product fitted abosolulty perfect with no cutting or grinding mods,the latest top of range 7x series in aus are coming out with aloy side steps but i have scub bars to go back on i was waiting to fit my flares before i put em back on

clean job .. are you planning a front winch .?
i have a front winch in there atm , allthough i went to test it the other day and smoke came out so ill have to pull it out and chack it out, i have a low mount warn atm home but ive never had to use a winch unless for fun thing so will wait and see.

clint looks great!
Thanks mate

Come visit the Southeastern U.S. ( bring your Cruiser ) with you.
I can give you a ride back to the nearest airport.:)
......1978HJ45
IF you let me take it back with your prado interior:D

Hi Clint,

Nice install, looks factory.

Did you get yours fuelling issues sorted out yet? What's the outcome?

My build is on hold at the mo, really bad weather here so I put it all back to stock until is clears up a bit.
wow you could have done two turbo builds al least you have the main turbo bits sorted should nearly be bolt together for ya, ive
Urmm not yet sorted my ecu been drinking lots of beer and jumping in other mates cruisers to get to the beachs each day ,but my Gas inj system was ordered the other week just takes ages over christmas etc,once thats installed ill take it back to the dyno and having it running on gas, then ill start on the petrol ecu side of things,mucking around with it the other week we worked out the std fuel pump is good and the injectors can pump a load of fuel still when in boost but could be maxed out,you shouldnt have dramas as your 4.5 runs the air flow sensor/meter not a pressure thing like mine.

did you mod your pump to get rid of the factory fuel limiter? So where is the pyrometer probe? I'd also look at the better or modded injectors. If you need help with the injectors shoot me a pm and we'll chat about the options and how to mod the injectors.

That would be great , PM sent

Nice Job:cheers: ..thanks for the pics
thanks mate

Great Job Clint!!! :clap:

Congrats mate :beer: :cheers:
thanks mate

Hi Clint How is the HP after installing the turbo to your 1FZ? Can your gearbox and axle gear cope up with this job? ;)Where did you get your signal lamp cover that is white in colour or transparent? Is it expensive? I would like to buy set for my HZJ75.:crybaby:

Hi Clint How is the HP after installing the turbo to your 1FZ? Can your gearbox and axle gear cope up with this job? ;)Where did you get your signal lamp cover that is white in colour or transparent? Is it expensive? I would like to buy set for my HZJ75.:crybaby:

the gearbox should cope with it , it's one of the biggest boxes Toyota has put in the cruiser and the v8 turbo diesels in the new cruiser utes etc run the same box and they have a bit of torqe,the diff should be fine to only thing I'm thinking might need a change some time is the clutch as people with supercharged 1fzs have said but so far so good.
I've had it on the dyno when I first got it running to check the air fuel ratio etc but any more than 1/2 throttle the motor would cut out due to the motor sensing to much forced air pressure when it's ment to have vacuum pressure, so I couldNt get a good run at it and the 315 muddies were absolute pigs on the dyno sounded like ww3, but I've been driving normal road driving with no probs at all keeping up with traffic as normal and on the freeway at 100 kph it sits around 1-2 psi , so still sorting out ecu, two turbo 80 series owners I've chatted to one on around 8 psi made 260rwkw and another on 6 ish psi made 245 ish rwkw , on std ecu's .
As for the front clear indicators I got them of eBay au I think around $100au a mate wanted some a while ago but I couldn't find the seller again , ive seen alot of the clear 79 series ones on 7x series cruisers in jap caryards on there jap websites maybe also try eBay jpn if the have one

As for the front clear indicators I got them of eBay au I think around $100au a mate wanted some a while ago but I couldn't find the seller again , ive seen alot of the clear 79 series ones on 7x series cruisers in jap caryards on there jap websites maybe also try eBay jpn if the have one
Toyota 78 79 Series Landcruiser Clear Chrome Indicators (eBay item 130458073246 end time 22-Jan-11 23:10:05 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Toyota Landcruiser 78 79 series clear chrome indicators (eBay item 250750081617 end time 31-Jan-11 08:17:07 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Very informative.

Last edited:
This thing will be totally off tap!:grinpimp: Really like the mods to the front bib to fit the intercooler, very nice. I've even been thinking about a petrol powered 75 series lately.

Nice install Clint. I'mm keen to see some pics showing how the winch and spotties clear the cooler and modified front panel.
Cheers,

Shall get some pics for clearences,

this is a bit of a mood killa though,
fdcb87c9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom