Free standing treehouse build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

S4Cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm building a treehouse for our 4 year old and looking for some rough cut lumber to use as board and batten siding. Anyone know of a place to check?

Cheaper the better and I'm not looking for fancy wood!

@AJR might know a spot

All of the sawmills I know through work typically sell in large volumes, like multiple truckloads. There is a guy near Mebane that sells small volumes to the public, but I can’t think of his name right now. Eventually I’ll remember it and I’ll let you know.

I'm building a treehouse for our 4 year old and looking for some rough cut lumber to use as board and batten siding. Anyone know of a place to check?

Cheaper the better and I'm not looking for fancy wood!
My next door neighbor bought a sawmill recently and has been milling down pine he had taken down from his property. He said he doesn't have any plans for it, but he's got a ton of logs to work through.

He's gone for a couple of months on vacation but it could be a very cheap and local option for you.

Appreciate all the leads. I ended up finding a guy in Goldston (near Sanford) on FB Marketplace. They’re going to cut to order my materials list. It’s a father / son outfit and have been super responsive so far. Prices are decent too!

(45) 3/4" x 8" x 8'
(50) 3/4" x 3" x 8'
(5) 1" x 8" x 12'

I’ll be sure to update this thread with how the transaction and lumber looks.

Here are a couple pics of my work so far…footings and 5” angle brackets. Craftsman alien head drill press powered through 56 holes in the 1/4 angle…an auto feed would’ve been nice!

IMG_4123.jpeg
IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4126.jpeg
IMG_4128.jpeg

Was just gonna say. Sonatube footings for treehouse. JohnMabe was here signature move lol
12"ers too. My whole 12x12 shed is built on 6x 8" tube footings and it doesn't even have a tree to lean on lol

My OCD would argue and keep me up if I built anything less than overbuilt.

I'm with you on that. Make the ground floor of the tree house a bomb shelter, you've already got the footings for it!

My OCD would argue and keep me up if I built anything less than overbuilt.
I've seen you at the Overbuilder's Anonymous meetings :)
When I had the footers inspected on our place in Hendersonville the inspector wanted to know what kind of tank I planned on parking in this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom