Frankenturbo! (Safari kit for 3B) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which version of the TD04H though? There are a few different versions with different trims. What manifold did you use?

Dunno which version. :eek: How can I tell ? Rebuild shop said it needed a 13T rebuild kit, IIRC - dunno if that makes any sense.

I used a stock 13 BT manifold that I managed to find in Zimbabwe of all places :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah needed an adapter to make it fit ...

DSC_0090.JPG

I need to get a boost gauge on her but can hear the turbo spooling up from 1200 - 1300 Rpm when just revving her up in the driveway ..

Apologies for the highjacking of your thread, Dan.

How did you attach the turbo to the adapter and then the adapter to the exhaust flange on the manifold? The 13BT has two blind holes and two open through, correct?

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but yeah it was a bit of a PITA. I bolted the turbo to the adapter first and also the downpipe.

DSC_0094.JPG

Then I bolted it all to the manifold which was then already bolted in place

DSC_0099.JPG

I had to crawl in/under/over the truck a fair bit in order to get to those "hidden" back bolts using a shortish ringflat spanner in very short turns at a time. :meh:

You can do CT26 to T2 or T3 pattern with one simple plate.

Apologies for the highjacking of your thread, Dan.

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but yeah it was a bit of a PITA. I bolted the turbo to the adapter first and also the downpipe.

Perfect answer, thats what I was looking for.

Dan, sorry also.

I know a CT26 to T3 adapter is readily available. Not so much for a CT26 to T25 adapter though. Im going to go with a T3 on my 3B (.42/.48) as I have easy access to a really nice one for next to nothing. The Mitsubishi turbos are interesting too but then you have a different mounting pattern along with some being slightly too big, I think (with my very limited turbo knowledge).

thats what I was looking for.

Do not allow that to influence your choice of turbo at all. It took probably less than 5-10 mins with limited tools and even more limited wrenching skills. Most folks around here would consider it a :banana:job done with their eyes closed.

No apologies necessary guys. The turbo tech here is excellent.

In my other thread, you'll see that my turbo needs something big. I have a T3 manifold, and that is NOT changing. But....

Anyone know of any good sources for an adapter to mate a T25 pattern turbo to a T3 manifold? This would allow me to use a GT2052 or GT2056 on our manifold, which is definitely an option.

Or what about the CHRA replacements from Garrett. Mostly the Ball Bearing T series replacements. Anyone ever use them? More to the point, exaclty how does one measure the old turbo housings to figure out which replacement to use?

Dan

No apologies necessary guys. The turbo tech here is excellent.

In my other thread, you'll see that my turbo needs something big. I have a T3 manifold, and that is NOT changing. But....

Anyone know of any good sources for an adapter to mate a T25 pattern turbo to a T3 manifold? This would allow me to use a GT2052 or GT2056 on our manifold, which is definitely an option.

Or what about the CHRA replacements from Garrett. Mostly the Ball Bearing T series replacements. Anyone ever use them? More to the point, exaclty how does one measure the old turbo housings to figure out which replacement to use?

Dan

Theres a company on eBay right now that is selling the CHRA replacement for a T3. Dont know if its the right size but there are a few others there also.

Email this company called custom fab shop. They have a bunch of adapters. Im getting my single plate CT26 to T3 adapter from them. They probably have a T3 to T25 one. Drop them a line. They have a CT26 to T25 one but it isnt on their site. Email them:
customfabshopcom turbo adapter flange cnc custom manifold items - Get great deals on transistions steel mild items on eBay Stores!

Perfect answer, thats what I was looking for.

Dan, sorry also.

I know a CT26 to T3 adapter is readily available. Not so much for a CT26 to T25 adapter though.

The GT2052 adapter plate that Diesel42 puts with his kits is a T2/T25 pattern, the 2052 has a different shape port, but that's easily fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom