Found at Caffeine & Octane Atlanta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don’t think I’ve heard a diesel this quiet - unreal. It’s a 2017 from Dubai. The guy who brought it here is from Honduras and was really nice to speak with. He said he just renews the paperwork each year and if there’s ever an issue in the future (hmmm), he’ll ship it down to Honduras. Said he’s got a 2015 Troopy as well.

It was difficult getting good pictures - this drew a crowd.

FADC30B6-E6E1-4DD1-8C3E-F3838AE14812.jpeg

4E01BA3D-AC25-41EF-AC2F-AA4251309C8C.jpeg

F96E56F8-2555-42B4-8E6C-A48E37491D97.jpeg

0BBD143C-8D74-4CB0-A477-ABCBA4AC6496.jpeg

EB93ADCB-1729-4369-83F5-6DAE0AE16B51.jpeg

Gorgeous

Funny - guy next to me asked about the plate. He said he doesn’t run with one. I don’t see this ever being an issue in Georgia...

So wait a minute.....

You came across the Papp truck and they told you they are Honduran and the truck is from Honduras????

Cheers

No, but close. The guy is Honduran and said it’s from Dubai. It sure looks like the truck - down to those wheels.

Just saw the truck again driving down pleasant hill road... so yep.. he’s driving it on public roads without a license plate.

So he bought the Papp
No, but close. The guy is Honduran and said it’s from Dubai. It sure looks like the truck - down to those wheels.

The VDJ79 is not sold in Honduras, only the HZJ79. He would have had to special order it. That is extremely expensive especially because I don’t think anyone is importing from Dubai in Honduras like they are in Colombia, Panama or Costa Rica.

Somehow I get the feeling this is the Papp truck, just not exported. Somebody (maybe a Honduran) with a lot of money bought the Papp truck and is taking the risk of running it. Duel citizenship would certainly help. You get pulled over, oh ya officer this is my truck in Honduras and I just drove it up here. While you present your Honduran passport and drivers license. No plates though??

I have seen plenty of driven up here trucks and they have plates from country of origin. No plates to me is a sign of somebody talking BS. There is zero reason he wouldn’t have Honduran plates on that truck, in fact it backs up what he says and gives him credit when he is pulled over by the cops. Cops might be naive but they are not stupid.

Most Latin countries require a yearly inspection so to keep it plated in country of origin it has to go home once a year or be taken off the road in country of origin.

It does look like a Mexico TIP sticker has been removed from the upper RHS corner of the windshield. You would need the Mexican TIP sticker to drive through Mexico. But I am still not buying it that this came from Honduras.

Cheers

Last edited:
Regardless of the story, so friggin' pretty, except those wheels...

I am sure TMS is aware of this vehicle. I can't see why not as it received a lot of publicity already so it surprises me they have not acted on it.

Noticed his number is on the back window. Could call and warn him...

Last edited:
It is a GCC-spec truck. LHD VDJ79s are sold in that market only.

Regarding the "quiet" diesel. The 1VD sounds much like a new Duramax and they are ultra-smooth.

It is a damn shame they are not legally importable. That one is inches away from getting cubed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom