Found A Forty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rafael removed an automatic from his 60 in like an afternoon, not sure if it is working or if it would fit a 40, but .... worth asking I guess.

Rafael removed an automatic from his 60 in like an afternoon, not sure if it is working or if it would fit a 40, but .... worth asking I guess.

From what I've read, the A440F is too long. I think it's going to have to be a SBC + GM auto (or Ford in the first link)

There are 3 on ebay right now that fit your needs - all in that price range... for now....

There are 3 on ebay right now that fit your needs - all in that price range... for now....

All in that price range but without the reserves met. The yellow one is listed on the dealer's website for $21k, the red one is listed for $25k, and the biege one seems to be a $20k+ vehicle.

Yeah - seems to be pretty common these days. It's going to be tough to find a really nice rust free one that doesn't have a ton of little things that need work, for less than 20k. Even a really really well sorted one (like Rice's) still needs to be worked on/adjusted/etc... If she's looking for a top down vehicle, doesn't really want to go off road at all that budget is firm and you don't want to be bothered with the maintenance.... It's really not going to work out.

The automatic/convertible and the low maintenance thing are the tough ones to line up. This is my short list based on all the above:

Solara
Mr2
350Z

Mercedes, BMW, Audi all make really nice convertibles that I wouldn't touch with a mechanic's specially made barge pole...

Yeah - seems to be pretty common these days. It's going to be tough to find a really nice rust free one that doesn't have a ton of little things that need work, for less than 20k. Even a really really well sorted one (like Rice's) still needs to be worked on/adjusted/etc... If she's looking for a top down vehicle, doesn't really want to go off road at all that budget is firm and you don't want to be bothered with the maintenance.... It's really not going to work out.

The automatic/convertible and the low maintenance thing are the tough ones to line up. This is my short list based on all the above:

Solara
Mr2
350Z

Mercedes, BMW, Audi all make really nice convertibles that I wouldn't touch with a mechanic's specially made barge pole...

Don't need one that has all the little things sorted out. My summers and winters are free from studying/work and I can do little things here and there. Just need a running project with the big items sorted out. I don't know what all is involved with rust repair so I can't comment on expenses involved in fixing though.

I thought the first one I pictured seemed pretty good from a rust perspective. Fender seems pretty easy to replace and the sill is available from @Awl_TEQ. @jfz80 was hating on the Ford though. :hillbilly:

She has her Mini Cooper wouldn't trade it in for anything else.

The MR2 will require more than 3" of lift for those 33s

Oh, I don't know...

Here's one that's not lifted - with a pair of 36's... at least...
256hchz.jpg

I may get stoned and buried next time you all see me, but... My second car out of college was a jeep laredo, automatic, power steering, hard, soft, and bikini tops. Sold it with 105K miles, replaced fuel pump and rebuilt carburator once, nothing else ever broke. Other than that, lots and lots of smiling miles in all configurations.... Had A/C too. Would crank at 30 below in the NY mountains on the first try....

Then got the required enigeer's volvo 240, 'cause of kids.

I may get stoned and buried next time you all see me, but... My second car out of college was a jeep laredo, automatic, power steering, hard, soft, and bikini tops. Sold it with 105K miles, replaced fuel pump and rebuilt carburator once, nothing else ever broke. Other than that, lots and lots of smiling miles in all configurations.... Had A/C too. Would crank at 30 below in the NY mountains on the first try....

Then got the required enigeer's volvo 240, 'cause of kids.

Older jeeps are getting just as hard to find as 40s that aren't beat up and rusted. I had a friend in MA looking for one for a long time.

Can you rent a manual from any rental places? I'm thinking she's just going to need to learn.

let me know if you find a rental or someone willing to let her grind the gears, my 16 year old needs to learn too. Taught my daughter on the CJ..

Could always buy an old manual taco truck for cheap, learn on it then sell it for about what you paid for it. :)

Is buying a 40 with a blown engine and paying someone like @NCFJ to convert it out of your budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom