former 40/80/100sc'ed owner looking to jump to a 200 / LX - input requested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After building up a great 40th I jumped into a 100 w/ Sc'er and Icon suspension but got distracted by the damn concept of a convertible and built up a neat JKU hard Rock - very nice rig but finding that with my need to do longer trips the 200 series is appealing and the price point had moderated....

So having seen Christo's LX and Kurt's 200 along with several others on the board I've started my hunt....

prelim reading seems like the only issue against the LX is the AHC - but I'm thinking if I'm planning a Icon or OME kit ...... the rockers /sliders are easily resolved.

The LX interior is certainly nicer and more appealing plus it got vent seats earlier and there are a lot more avail....

I'm leaning towards a 2011 + LX ? anything I should contemplate that I might not be aware of... ?

Build plans would include front / rear bumpers, rack, drawers and full suspension... sc'er is awfully tempting.

Thoughts from the collective please !

E

I would talk to Christo first and see if tearing out the AHC is problematic. Computer might get cranky.

Definitely are more LX than LC out there, so happy hunting.

I ended up buying a LC because Slee wasn't sure if AHC could be removed. After owning a OME 1.5" Lift on my 100 I couldn't go back to AHC. It does sound like AHC will last a long time on the 200 but I got used to the spring setup.

I had a bad experience SC'ing my 100 and endup replacing it with a Tundra iForce motor. So I would stay away from sc'ing. The 200 has reasonable level of power in most situations.

Congrats. There were design issues with the 100SC that caused engine damage in some units. I supercharged my 80, but skipped the 100 because of that. The power of the 200 doesn't need a supercharger, but then who really needs a supercharger :D I have not heard issues from those that have done it. Many went to Sparks Toyota in the SWas they seem to have it down.

For a convertible, I drive my FJ40
40.JPG

Thanks all - I'm planning to call Christo today...... drove a nice LX and new LC this weekend..... used LC's are hard to find !

after hours of surfing it sure looks like the LC will be an easier path unless Christo has a solution on suspension.... given my tendency to build things up, the LX as nice as it is inside would be limiting....

have a buyer lined up for the "HeeP" so am hoping to chase down a new rig this week.....

@Romer - exactly my plans to meet the air in the face desires....... it'll be my 5th 40, but the first time I ever really had funds to make it civil instead of just transportation.....

E

A LC will w/o a doubt be easier in the suspension department. The AHC would be fun to play with, though. I would remove the valve stack from the main piston in the AHC shocks, this would leave the adjustable damping intact, but remove a substantial chunk of heat and load from the system. Then, secondary shocks would step in to restore the damping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom