For those that missed it.... here it is... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At the latest I will be taking ownership of this at the end of the month. My brother in law is holding it for me till I sell the truck ('04 F150). I really like the idea off fixing this thing up to suit my taste :D

What happens if I don't sell the F150 you ask? I am still getting it :bounce:

I have to say I am extremely excited about not only this LC but this site. Tons of useful information - Thanks to all of you that have contributed. Knowing me though I am sure to ask some of the same questions that have already been answered. I will however do my best and use the "Search" feature.

Let me know what you think... pros and cons - afterall knowledge is king ;)
HPIM1519_small.JPG

Looks straight and clean - good job...

Sweet! The LC is a very reliable truck that will most probably never let you down. How many miles does the truck have?

:beer:

GLTHFJ60 said:
Sweet! The LC is a very reliable truck that will most probably never let you down. How many miles does the truck have?

It has 153,000 miles. My brother-in-law bought it brand new in '88. It has all the pwr options. There are a couple of minor... and I do mean minor rust spots and the muffler needs to be replaced - both of these issues are goinng to be taken care of by some friends with tools :) .

It has all the original tools, jack, manual, and even sticker! Did I mention he is a bit OCD? He just got it tuned up two weeks ago, new brakes, new spark plug wires, new shocks (soon to be replaced with OME). There is not a tear in any of the seats and it still has the original radio.

It has only seen light dirt road use... and as he put it.. he drives like a "pu$$"

153,000 is nothing. Most guys on this forum are running with around 200,000 miles. I'm lucky, mine has only 92,000, but unfortunately, my intake manifold cracked, so it is decommissioned right now. Soon enough, it will live again.

Your truck will be great for you!!

:beer:

My fj62 has 213k miles and is even the same as yours in color, I love it

Jer-Bear, good job. Nice unit fo sho. Now comes the fun stuff!!!!!

:cheers:

you guys,, mine has almost 300k and I have not driven regularly it in 1.5 years,,,,

Awesome! That's great that it'll stay in the family, but better yet you can now show your bro-in-law what it can truly become. Have a great time with her....

It's nice to see a truck like that going to somebody who appreciates it and will take care of it the right way!

nice....
take off the silver trim along the rocker panels...rust loves it there.

Dude welcome to the family....glad to see the excitedness in your purchase.....you'll have a ton of fun with that thing, esp out in colorado.

hammer1 said:
nice....
take off the silver trim along the rocker panels...rust loves it there.

Interesting! I'm looking at a cruiser that's missing the trim and was wondering how I could put it back on, but maybe it's better that way....

Cookiemonster said:
Awesome! That's great that it'll stay in the family, but better yet you can now show your bro-in-law what it can truly become. Have a great time with her....
I am completely looking forward to that. I cannot wait to see his face in about a year when he gets out here to CO.

MaddMatt said:
Great color! Super low miles too. Mine has 230k and running strong. I'm sure somebody has already given you this link, but just in case not, check out: http://risingsun4x4club.org/
Thanks for the link. I have perused it just a bit now.

hammer1 said:
nice....
take off the silver trim along the rocker panels...rust loves it there
Good to know. I have been reading a lot of posts in here and think I may go with some sliders. If I pull the chrome strips off, and expose any rust, I will take care of that first and then throw on some sliders. Because of this it may take me some time before I actually pull the chrome strips off - hehehe. I do live in CO which is nice and dry - thankfully.

Thanks again to everyone for all the information on this site. I am looking forward to getting this rig... :D

zcruiser said:
Interesting! I'm looking at a cruiser that's missing the trim and was wondering how I could put it back on, but maybe it's better that way....

Most definately. Mine had come off my 62 because the clips had gotten brittle and broken, but until a few years back I had saved it in hopes of putting it back on. I took another cruierhead's advice and left it off, along with removing the chrome trim around the gutter. I'm now noticing very little rust spots forming around the holes where the snake blinders' clips attached. Time for some POR 15 and touch-up :D

Welcome to the family! There're several of us in Rastle Cock & south (including 2BadFJs, THE SliderMan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom