For those of you running the Torque App (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and the Torque app. I'm looking into it and have a few questions:

What are you monitoring real time? I would mainly like to monitor transmission temps and oil pressure, the latter I'm not sure is available, is it? What about fuel pressure? Mixture?

What are your normal values? As far as temperatures go? I'd love to have a baseline to know they're basically normal from the get go.

Would you mine sharing your layouts??

Thanks!

I took out “abs load” and put “gps altitude” in its place and bottom center I have “gps speed” because it’s more accurate than my speedo with the bigger tires.

416A9514-0743-4FAC-A81C-0847FCED1734.jpeg

What product are you using to display your phone on the stock nav?

A lot run the grom unit or car play

That would be awesome. I'm currently running it on my phone and I've been playing around with the overall layout.

Main screen shows AFR, Lambda and MAF so I can basically know if there's something wrong with my fuel pump (common problem down here). Trans and Water temp, engine load and TPS and voltage.

Second screen shows calculated fuel tank percentage and range, fuel flow, used and actual mpg's to get a more accurate reading of my extended gas tank level.

I'd love it if the 1GR had a oil pressure sensor, as well as fuel pressure sensor.

Is there any way we can see the ECU odometer? So I can see if it has been tampered with on a vehicle, for example?

Man I wish I had the '07+ Nav screen, so much clearer than my '06 screen.
Mine's an 06' as well, I wonder if you can swap in an updated screen for reasonable $$?

I had to enter a custom PID number. There is a thread on the 4runner forums that details how to do that.

There's a bunch of thread on the custom PIDs for Trans Temp. If there are any more PIDs for other parameters (I'm sure there are) I haven't found any..

Here's the Trans Temp PID for a 4th gen. Newer vehicles use a slightly different PID.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-23 at 09.57.26.jpeg

I have the GROM V-line installed. Bought a bluetooth OBD plug from Amazon, bought the Torque App from the google store and it all works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom