For the idiots who want a expensive low mile 80 series... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:rolleyes: Well for those of you dumb enough to pay twice the price for low miles, here is a 97 LX450 w/39k miles, in Oregon (rust free area). No affiliation, just saw it on craigslist. :flipoff2:

97 LX450 39k miles, $21,650
d724qOrKnw4gwtIldgmOogYN4c3z.jpg

haha 21 grand, that rig is gonna lose 8-10 grand once u put a few thousand on her, talk about deprecation

Tommy

That isn't so bad. You just need to figure out your cost per mile. As the more miles go on so do maintanence costs. You would definitely have to keep it forever to make it worthwhile.

It does look pretty, but I'd rather have 2 80s with ~130k than that one :D. I just thought I'd post it cause there are people on the board who have paid exorbitant prices for low miles, happily. Maybe they're not idiots, they just have a lot more disposable income than me :)

If nobody bought new ones where would poor boys find used ones?

Milage goes up; price goes down. Is that difficult?

However, an FZJ80 in Florida with 27K miles went for $17K. and that's because no matter the miles it was still an old car.

Lesson #2: ask a high price - you can always lower it. Ask a low price - you cannot raise it.

Also keep in mind (and I did pay a little more for mine, about 45% less than that though, that one is extreme) that out west there seems to be plenty of Cruisers..... and cheap ones!!!

Prices are considerably higher out east.....I don't know if fewer made it here or not, but I NEVER seen good ones here for what you can get one in WA or CA, AZ or CO...

I did consider paying around $16K for a 50K rig, with plans on keeping it for a long time.....60s here that can be had in AZ for 2-3 K go for 5 or 6....

Most 12-14K 80s in the past 2 years have dropped more to 10-12 recently, all with about 125K....

So I guess it is relative, I wouldn't buy any 80 without plans on keeping it for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom