for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still for Sale.

Price remains the same but more new stuff added:
Refreshed upper end of engine with complete head rebuild including surface, valve job with new valve guides, valve seats, PC Seals, Z28 valve springs-retainers-locks. These are 1.94/1.50 cast iron heads. Also installed new cam .440/.460 lift and lifters as well as new double roll timing chain set. For those who asked in the past if 2 or 4 bolt, I can now tell you that the engine is a 2 bolt main bored .030 over with flat top pistons. There is no measureable wear in the bores with a bore checker. Cross hatch marks are still clearly visable. Bleed down and compression tests show the engine is in excellent shape.

Also installed new water pump, coolant, spark plugs, radiator hoses, valve covers, breather, oil and fiilter. Cam was broken in at 2500 RPM. Timing set to 36 degrees total advance and carb adjusted for best idle.

This cruiser has current California title, Registration, and plates.

Last edited:
87 fj60 for sale

Make offer, the engine threw a rod, so it isn't running. The interior is mint condition, no tears, no stains, clean carpet. The exterior is very solid, little rust around the wheel wells, along the passenger side rear window, along with some on the very front of the hood. There is one hole behind the rear drivers wheel. This would be a perfect rig for someone wanting to do a v8 or deisel conversion, or just putting another 2f in it. Other than the fact that it doesn't run, has those few rust spots, it is in great condition. Make offer. I can send pics if you want just pm me.

PLEASE POST A PRICE

Last edited by a moderator:
what about the jumpseats? do you have them? and how about adding a hard top, is that possible? I mean after the purchase.

I don't have the jump seats but a stock set should bolt in. As well, a Confer type forward facing rear seat will also fit just fine. A hard top or soft top will fit over the cage.

Razor said:
Trade ?

PM Sent

Razor, I didn't receive your pm, I guess my box was full. Do we only get five messages allowed?

:mad:

Couple of nice 80's around that you may want to consider too....

hey Lock,
yup, not many PM's to fill er up....Buy a Star from the board, well worth it and you get stuff....Woody gets a bigger woody !!

I have a 1981 FJ60...one owner for 25 years.
-20K on new motor
-new tranny rebuild
-new xfer rebuild
-new u-joints
-new rear end complete
-immaculate interior
-new tires on original chrome
-Runs perfect
-ARB Bullbar (not installed )

-All service records and history with warranty

-every fillup was documented and how many miles it went for 25 years of usage...un believable records.

Perfect truck to begin mods....all stock trim...white.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom