Folding Back a Supertop?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Felix, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Felix

Felix

Silly Question:

I just installed my new Supertop last weekend. I'm really happy with it so far, but I can't figure out an easy way to fold/roll the top back so that it rests behind my rear bench seat while still attached to the rear bow. Do I need to completely remove the top from the bows and fold it up that way? I called Bestop and that was their answer, but I gotta believe there's a way to just fold it back without creasing the windows.

Any hints?

Felix

2. brew8

brew8 SILVER Star

Albums:
    You will need to fold it up and I also put mine in a bag to keep from scratching the windows, Larry

3. Felix

Felix

Well, I guess that's it. Thanks, Larry. The bag thing is a good idea.

4. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

Boy, that makes me really like my kayline. I just flip up each side onto the top, fold it back, flip the front over/under the back, and my spare tire pushes against the top frame and holds it all in place.

5. Felix

Felix

Ken, I can do just what you described with the Supertop, if I understand you correctly. Flip the side windows up and fold the front portion under the rear and end up with a nicely folded top, but it's still about 2-3 feet wide. If I fold my rear bench down, the top rests over the seats kinda like a tonneau cover (I need pics, I know). Can you compact the top (either roll or fold accordian-style) so that it only takes up 5 or 6 inches?

6. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

Yes, If I needed it to be. The fastrack "bows" fold back with the top attached. The front bow sits probably 4-6 inches behind the stock rollbar. I could roll it tight enough (but don't need to for stock jumpseats) so the top material would probably sit 2 inches or so from the rear upright on the stock rollbar. Sorry, but no digital camera to describe this better.

7. Felix

Felix

That makes sense. I think that's basically what I was trying to do, I just don't think I rolled it carefully enough. I'd only need to if I were putting people in the back.

8. toyman317

toyman317

Can anyone come up with some pictures of how this is done?

9. 76LC

76LC

Yes, I would also love to see some pictures of this, because I have been trying to no avail.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.