Folding Back a Supertop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Silly Question:

I just installed my new Supertop last weekend. I'm really happy with it so far, but I can't figure out an easy way to fold/roll the top back so that it rests behind my rear bench seat while still attached to the rear bow. Do I need to completely remove the top from the bows and fold it up that way? I called Bestop and that was their answer, but I gotta believe there's a way to just fold it back without creasing the windows.

Any hints?

Felix

Well, I guess that's it. Thanks, Larry. The bag thing is a good idea.

Boy, that makes me really like my kayline. I just flip up each side onto the top, fold it back, flip the front over/under the back, and my spare tire pushes against the top frame and holds it all in place.

Ken, I can do just what you described with the Supertop, if I understand you correctly. Flip the side windows up and fold the front portion under the rear and end up with a nicely folded top, but it's still about 2-3 feet wide. If I fold my rear bench down, the top rests over the seats kinda like a tonneau cover (I need pics, I know). Can you compact the top (either roll or fold accordian-style) so that it only takes up 5 or 6 inches?

Yes, If I needed it to be. The fastrack "bows" fold back with the top attached. The front bow sits probably 4-6 inches behind the stock rollbar. I could roll it tight enough (but don't need to for stock jumpseats) so the top material would probably sit 2 inches or so from the rear upright on the stock rollbar. Sorry, but no digital camera to describe this better.

That makes sense. I think that's basically what I was trying to do, I just don't think I rolled it carefully enough. I'd only need to if I were putting people in the back.

Can anyone come up with some pictures of how this is done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom