Flush (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EarthX

Owner of Earth Exploration Technologies
Threads
What is the best way to flush a coolong system? I already pulled my old radiator out and am waiting to put my new one in untill i flush it. Any help would be great.....

you kinda need the radiator in to flush it...easily anyway. you need a water hose hooked up to the intake so you can turn on your engine and open the engine plug to flush out the old fluid of the engine also. You can do it, just might be a little more of a PIA. good luck

I suppose you could attach a garden hose to the lower hose and turn it on and start the eng. Let it run so the thermostat opens and runs out the upper hose. I think the best bet is to fill the sys w/coolant flush. I've never used in on a car eng. but caterpillar make a coolant flush that works very well. Used it on large diesels and al kinds of s*** has come out.
Enjoy the SLO life.

2nd, the Prestone kit. But, buy a new piece of hose and install the kit into your old hose. Then when you are finished flushing, remove the flush kit and put in the new piece of hose. Hang on to the old piece for the next time you flush or for other vehicles.

chitown40 said:
2nd, the Prestone kit. But, buy a new piece of hose and install the kit into your old hose. Then when you are finished flushing, remove the flush kit and put in the new piece of hose. Hang on to the old piece for the next time you flush or for other vehicles.

which hose do you install it into? does it need to be a high hose for bleeding it?

thnx!

rob

anyone have a pic of it in this hose?

if it's waaay back at the firewall is it difficult to get to?

do you add any fluid / (or the flush stuff) through this hose, or is it just to vent / burp the system?

I've never done this and want to try...thnx!!

rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom