Florida Wheeling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just found out I've got orders on the way and I "get" to move to the Emerald Coast area of Florida soon.

I've been trying to get Bonnie up and running well enough to head up into the mountains here in Colorado and now it sounds like I won't have much time.

Is there any wheeling in Florida at all?

Not sure is makes much difference coming from me, but I'm on vacation here right now. I've been conducting some reconnaissance when I'm out
with the fam and I don't really see much. Than again I'm in Orlando..quite obviously not the wheelin capital of Florida. I was stationed in Panama city for a while and it's not so bad in the panhandle, but down here there's just so much water (lakes and swamps)....and friggin people.

Not sure is makes much difference coming from me, but I'm on vacation here right now. I've been conducting some reconnaissance when I'm out
with the fam and I don't really see much. Than again I'm in Orlando..quite obviously not the wheelin capital of Florida. I was stationed in Panama city for a while and it's not so bad in the panhandle, but down here there's just so much water (lakes and swamps)....and friggin people.

I hear the panhandle isn't too terribly crowded, and it's pretty much just Southern Alabama; maybe there's mudding?

Yep there is...

Let me know when ya get here:beer:

trip_alpha_coreysflop.jpg

Not sure if I'll be visiting the mud on the southeast side of town. I really do hate mud and not sure how the fam would feel about me bringing back the 200 covered with the dried souls of all the LRs and Chevys that probably lurk there.

Yep there is...

Let me know when ya get here:beer:
Looks like fun, although the :princess: doesn't agree. I'll hit you up when we get down there for sure.

I am in Orlando too. There is good mud on the southeast side of town. Harmony has 100's of acres of trails, swamps, mud holes and 4 wheelers.

Orlando seems a little far (nearly 500 miles) since we should end up near Navarre. Guess it's closer than driving to Georgia although that is definitely a possibility. My wife wants to see the Keys at least once while we're down there so I'm sure we'll be through Orlando at some point.

Lots of mud pits and mudding is popular in Florida.

Most of the better wheeling is out of state. You'll be right next to Alabama. There's some good wheeling in Alabama. Look up Choccolocco & Morris Mountain.

There's actually a lot of wheeling to do in Florida, it's just a different "kind" of wheeling, than you'll usually find in the mountains.

There are some rocky areas, but Florida being what it is, there is also a lot of sand, mud and marsh.

As for the Panhandle, I guess you need to enjoy the beach and the water, to really appreciate the area.
As a native here, I do:)

You're not far from Alabama.
There's also a lot of opportunities for hunting/fishing and camping, all things the Landcruiser were made for:cool:

Enjoy your new home:cheers:

Orders got changed. We're headed to the middle-of-nowhere West Tejas now. Not sure whether to :bounce: or :bang:.

It's close to Alabama and Georgia, and there's a fair amount of country there. Probably not real similar to Colorado, but you can get your kicks. Welcome!

At least I'll be able to hand-carry my steering box to West Texas Offroad when it dies soon.

West Texas, You can hit the trails in Las Cruces, NM. Look up Las Cruces 4 Wheel Drive club Chile Challenge. Great event, I was a trail gunner and trail leader on a few trails when I was stationed there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom