Flickering tail light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
coachglenndavis.com
I'm prepping our 2008 cruiser for my drive to the AL beach next week. I noticed the right tail light, the one on the body, is flicking and is producing less light than the other tail lights. I replaced the bulb but it did not solve the issue. I fiddled with the connections in the tail-light assembly but this did not work. Hopefully someone knows of an easy fix.

Bad ground?
That's a good suggestion. But my understanding of electricity is minimal but I'll see if I can make a new ground somehow. I have an electrical test which I mostly use to test car batteries. I'm sure there's a good YT video somewhere telling me how to test for this. Thank you.

That's a good suggestion. But my understanding of electricity is minimal but I'll see if I can make a new ground somehow. I have an electrical test which I mostly use to test car batteries. I'm sure there's a good YT video somewhere telling me how to test for this. Thank you.
I’m having the same issue all of sudden, did you ever figured out what the issue causing it .. it’s driving me crazy right now

Go up and have a look at your connectors in the footwell. This was another symptom of water in the front.

032BD338-8B2E-4778-AF92-802245DC47C7.jpeg

29B309C8-E294-4A76-89AF-85DDFC7CDF51.jpeg

I checked the connectors and everything look good I’ve attached pictures is this the footwell connector you talking about ?

0D8012A7-7FDA-4F63-90B1-D4AB8EFEF48D.jpeg

I checked the connectors and everything look good I’ve attached pictures is this the footwell connector you talking about ?

Sorry, I meant the ones up front in the passenger seat footwell. When I last had water come in from the sunfroof/cowl/windshield leak I had signal light issues that were cured with a cleaning of the connectors and application of dielectric grease.

I never used my tester on the wires due to having no knowledge of dealing with the light board within the housing. I found a Chinese knock off on Ebay for about $125. It's been working great over the past 2 years of installing it.

I never used my tester on the wires due to having no knowledge of dealing with the light board within the housing. I found a Chinese knock off on Ebay for about $125. It's been working great over the past 2 years of installing it.
You had the same issue with flickering and from what i see there is not light bulb to replace for the brake light only for turn signal correct

You had the same issue with flickering and from what i see there is not light bulb to replace for the brake light only for turn signal correct
Exactly. The bulbs/diodes are on the board. So I replaced the entire unit. If you have experience with such electrical things, then you might can find a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom