Flat Bed Trailer Rental around ABQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is Uhaul the only game in town? Heading to California this week to pick up a 60. Renting one way uhaul is about 650. Cuts into my fuel for sure. God knows Diesel in Cali is going to be inexpensive....

It doesn't have drive shafts attached right now... so a dolly could work? WOuld prefer to tow or if possible flat tow would need to find a set up to do it. an enclosed trailer would be even better..

Last edited:
Is Uhaul the only game in town? Heading to California this week to pick up a 60. Renting one way uhaul is about 650. Cuts into my fuel for sure. God knows Diesel in Cali is going to be inexpensive....

It doesn't have drive shafts attached right now... so a dolly could work? WOuld prefer to tow or if possible flat tow would need to find a set up to do it. an enclosed trailer would be even better..

Perhaps Edgewood?

1615240892077.png

A 60 might weigh more than 4500#. Wonder if they have a bigger trailer?

Looks like it according to their webpage.

View attachment 2607690
I'd be leaving on Thursday after work. So at that cost for the few days I might only need to tow one way. RIght now it does not have drive shafts attached, could flat tow with a Bar? A buddy of mine has one. I think i would need to source brake lights.

4246 pounds

Weighing in at 4246 pounds, the FJ60 relied on a 4.2-liter 2F OHV engine, rated at 135 horsepower and 210 lb-ft of torque, to get it from Point A to Point B.Feb 12, 2020

I say flat tow it with a tow bar. Get creative with the mounting solution and save the $$$ for diesel and don't forget 55mph max speed with trailer in CA :bang:

I say flat tow it with a tow bar. Get creative with the mounting solution and save the $$$ for diesel and don't forget 55mph max speed with trailer in CA :bang:
Solid Idea. I'm not sure how creative i can get with limited resource on site. I'll give it a go though. 55 makes my MPG's go up too

Solid Idea. I'm not sure how creative i can get with limited resource on site. I'll give it a go though. 55 makes my MPG's go up too

If your buddy owns a 60, I'm sure he has the resources needed to attach a tow bar to the front chassis since it's missing a bumper. However, do buy a tow bar in advance in case they're not normally stocked in trailer or RV stores. Also, grab those magnetic red lights to put on the back of the roof of the 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom