Flare removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^Do you have plastic razor blades? Will still be a ton of work but will take off the bulk of it, and help get the residue off.

^Do you have plastic razor blades? Will still be a ton of work but will take off the bulk of it, and help get the residue off.
No! (Quickly searching Amazon for plastic razor blades.) Will they work better than the plastic pumpkin scraper I was using? LOL

Do you want to sell them?

-Brad
They are not in good shape and one is broken from an incident with a tree stump at night. That’s what started the removal process.
The plastic razor blades are making quick work of the left over glue and silicone. I learned that WD-40 removes silicone, trying that next. Will be safer than acetone on the paint I figure.

OK, WD-40 did a great job getting most of the silicone off. However there are stretches where it was glued with super glue/cyanoacrylate. This doesn’t not want to come off. Trying everything I can be fore resorting to acetone as I know it will likey remove some of the paint as there are deep scratches and parts where the clear coat was pulled off. This is really a miserable discovery of damage under these flares. Also there are parts where a razor blade was clearly used and cut through the paint. I used a Mr. Clean magic eraser and that took off all the silicone that was on the paint (accept where it is trapped in superglue.) so it all looks much better but will need a respect to be right. Maybe I’ll just rhino-line the fenders or something. Oh well, she’s no garage queen anyway and is mechanically perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom