Fkn Squirrels! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bcb

Threads
First time poster but I've been lurking since I purchased this 2007 GX470 this past January.

The other day my shifter wouldnt release from the PARK position. I did some googling and none of the common symptoms of this issue are present.
My brake lights all work
I can start the car in PARK and Neutral (I used the release button to shift)
The STOP FUSE checked out OK (#14 in the fuse box)
I dont have any check engine light or any other problem indicator lights on the dash.
I took the shifter cover off and the linkage and bushing are fine.

While checking the fuse I noticed some leaves on the other side of the engine compartment under the cover. I popped the cover and found 2 baby squirrels. I gave mom all day yesterday to reclaim them as I left the cover off and the hood up. About an hour ago I relocated the baby squirrels and nest into a near by bush.

After cleaning the rest of the nesting material out I saw that I had some light damage on a wiring harness and there are 2 severed tubes in front of the air box housing. Does anyone know what these tubes are? Are they vacuum tubes or drainage?

Is there anything else I should check regarding the shifter being stuck in PARK?

Thanks!

wire damage.jpg

Derp, the line is my window washing fluid line. Still stumped on being stuck in PARK.

Did you try pushing the button below this cover? If it shift out then something prevent the solenoid from releasing. If it does not it's something mechanical with the shifter.
download (2).jpeg

Did you try pushing the button below this cover? If it shift out then something prevent the solenoid from releasing. If it does not it's something mechanical with the shifter.
View attachment 3405340
Yes, I can shift by pushing the button. I was able to put it in neutral and start it which I think should rule out the neutral safety switch or a solenoid, I cant remember which, I watched so many videos lol.

I was hoping for a baby squirrel pic.

After cleaning the rest of the nesting material out I saw that I had some light damage on a wiring harness and there are 2 severed tubes in front of the air box housing. Does anyone know what these tubes are? Are they vacuum tubes or drainage?
Those tubes are your front & rear washer hoses. The one that goes into the firewall is for the rear. The windshield hose goes into the fender then comes up through the cowl. Mine was chewed through inside near the sub as well.

1698171540522.png

Hey, looks pretty warm in here.

Reactions: bcb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom