Fjcruiser D-4D (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.dieseltoys.com
Had some members ask us to post up some pictures of a 2007 Fj Cruiser we're finishing up. Check it out...
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

OMG I want one! We went to Costa Rica earlier this year and there were Hilux pickups all over the place with that engine. I was going to try to smuggle one back in my luggage but it was a little too big.

Where are you located? Or, rather where does the owner of the truck live? Any emissions issues to deal with?

Thank you all. To respect his privacy, I cant really go into specifics about the owner but I personally drive an '06 Tacoma D-4D and have registered and driven it on highway for the last few years. My mileage is 27.56 mpg with mixed city/hwy. Specs for the 1KD-FTV can be found online. The last time we posted up hp/torque specs for a diesel swap in where we posted up a chip manufacturers own data sheets, some armchair engineer basically ruined the thread. So, we try to avoid that whole mess by simply just sharing pictures ;) Any information on price etc. can be found on our website.

I can offer some.

No emissions considerations necessary, considering the current registration will be in Oklahoma. There's not even a state safety inspection, anymore.

As for the future, maybe headed to the northeast.

Will offer a butt dyno review once I've had a chance to test drive it.

Not mine, but a buddy's, for clarification.

Specs for the 1KD-FTV can be found online.

OK, wikipedia FWIW says 260 ft. lbs. starting at 1800 rpm in stock form; not bad! The same torque as the 1GR-FE at less than half the rpm (that the 1GR-FE makes its peak torque at). That would make a nice wheeling motor.

The last time we posted up hp/torque specs for a diesel swap in where we posted up a chip manufacturers own data sheets, some armchair engineer basically ruined the thread.

Never ceases to amaze me how there are always people on the interwebs who "know" more than someone who has actually done the thing under discussion. :rolleyes:

What does this cost? How long do you need the FJ to complete this upgrade?

It looks like you do fantastic work...you have some impressive builds. I have bookmarked your site for future use.

Everything is factory diesel. We do offer the option to retain the 5 speed auto or 6 speed manual as well.

if 5 speed auto it's keeped .. how you control it .? it's the 1KD-FTV ECU compatible with auto tranny ECU .. or kind of input it needs to work ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom