FJC Coming to Your Town?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was thinking last night about how encouraging it is to see a few of the board members making the trip to a local car show and managing to talk to some Toyota reps.

I was also encouraged to hear that the Toyota guys are willing to listen to the concerns of some enthusiasts.

But then I thought about how much Marketing/Sales Reps are like Politicians - they only go in the direction of the majority, not the minority.

Here is what I am suggesting. Chances are the FJCruiser will make its rounds this year to all of the car shows, even Denver I'm sure. It may be possible that the Toyota Reps will be following it around. If the Toyota guys get to meet a Land Cruiser enthusiasts at one or two shows, they might think it a coincidence. But if they meet us (lots of us) at every stop on the car show circuit, they may be more likely to go back to Toyota NA and tell Upper Management of our plight. They maybe able to go back and say 'there is a market for something serious.

Its a numbers game, and we have to show our numbers.

I believe that everyone that makes the trek to a local car show and corners at Toyota rep, we should pimp the Toyota Land Cruiser Association, provide information about IH8Mud.com, and have the same script that everyone else carries detailing the rig that we would like to see. The same list.

I believe if we show continuity and consolidation, we can be as strong a presence as the Corvette and Porsche community, that have control of one ear of their respective design teams.

Another important not is to show Toyota the numbers. TLCA membership, IH8Mud membership, and the consolidated membership numbers of every Land Cruiser club across the nation.

Maybe the FJCruiser is locked into a market segment already and nothing we do will change that. But if we show them interest - they may bring it...

Stalking with a purpose...I like it.. :D Like a college road-trip.. :D Hey Larry it's us again!! :D

Does anyone know of any shows coming to the DC area anytime soon, this year ? I definetely want to go see this thing in person ! I'm becoming addicted I do beleive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom