FJ80 Transmission and Power steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does the FJ80 (91/92) have the power steering and transmission sharing the same reservoir?

A few reasons for this question-

I have an ATF fluid leak, but can't tell if it's power steering or transmission cooler hose.

I also want to top off the transmission fluid. I installed a new radiator a few weeks ago and lost maybe a cup of fluid when I pulled the cooler hose off. As far as I can tell the only way is by using the transmission dipstick hole.
If they share the same reservoir, I could pour it into the power steering to top up- basically I'm asking the question to rule out the off chance they actually are linked somewhere. Why or how they would be - no idea. But that's why I'm trying to rule out the crazy possibility.

Last edited:
They are not linked, but I have seen trans fuild being used in the power steering before.

I highly recommend you download a copy of the FSM. Most questions like this can be found there. You can find one in the Resources section.
1672177129424.png

Thanks! A foolish question for sure, but I recalled reading something way back that they were linked. This settles it in my mind, so I really appreciate the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom