FJ80 front axel rebuild kit - where to buy in Tucson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all,
My 1996 FZJ80 just hit 300,000 miles. So i celebrated by replacing the headga$ket. I had a small oil leak into the coolant as well as significant oil consumption from the exhaust valves. Since I just cant get enough of this punishment, I've decided to rebuild the front axel. The birfields have been leaking pretty badly for some time, and it's time to give them proper attention.

I've read through the procedure in the FAQ, most commenters mention buying a kit from CDAN (sp?), who apparently works at a dealership in ABQ. Are there any Tucson or Phoenix parts suppliers who have sourced this kit??

thanks,
-P

CDan is retired and now runs the Landcruiser Heritage museum local parts all come via Camelback Toyota up here in Phoenix great service and pricing all thanks to @murf

Thanks ARJMN and jday,
I have ordered from Camelback before, but i found that the person on the phone wasn't too familiar with mid-ninteys Land Cruisers ( can't really blame them), and they relied on me to know the exact part numbers for the material i wanted to order. They did give me a nice IH8MUD discount, so all in all it was a good experience.

I would like to order local, but in this case, id rather order a kit, or place an order with someone who knows more about what kind of work im trying to do. Its a pain to list out every individual part number with someone who's just punching numbers into the system, and who can't really comment if I get any of the order wrong.

If this is available as a package from camelback, I'd love to order from them. But I don't think that they're parts counter would do that.

Thanks ARJMN and jday,
I have ordered from Camelback before, but i found that the person on the phone wasn't too familiar with mid-ninteys Land Cruisers ( can't really blame them), and they relied on me to know the exact part numbers for the material i wanted to order. They did give me a nice IH8MUD discount, so all in all it was a good experience.

I would like to order local, but in this case, id rather order a kit, or place an order with someone who knows more about what kind of work im trying to do. Its a pain to list out every individual part number with someone who's just punching numbers into the system, and who can't really comment if I get any of the order wrong.

If this is available as a package from camelback, I'd love to order from them. But I don't think that they're parts counter would do that.

I would reach out to cruiseroutfitters or marlin then

both the marlin and the cruiseroutfitter kits look like what i want.
im doing some more research about what wheel bearing i should buy ( if any) and ill probably pull the trigger with either of them.

Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters is a top flight vendor and always a good choice.

FYI, There are certain parts people here more familiar with Land Cruisers. Ask for Jorge or Ritchie - both are LC knowledgeable

Good to know murf.
Thanks !

both the marlin and the cruiseroutfitter kits look like what i want.
im doing some more research about what wheel bearing i should buy ( if any) and ill probably pull the trigger with either of them.

We (Cruiser Outfitters) would love to help. Our kits are 100% Japanese high-quality parts and include step-by-step instructions. We stock the Marlin seals and any other front axle item you might need.

A few links to help you with the process:
Product Spotlight: Cruiser Outfitters Knuckle Rebuild Kits
Cruiser Outfitters

full endorsement for Kurt @ cruiseroutfitters - I have been buying stuff from him for more than 10 years, 3 cruisers and counting . . .

full endorsement for Kurt @ cruiseroutfitters - I have been buying stuff from him for more than 10 years, 3 cruisers and counting . . .
Kurt Rocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom