FJ62 Thermostat Housing Questions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

88Retired62

TLCA #8993
SILVER Star
Threads
Just a few rambling questions before I install Matt’s newly minted thermostat housing sensor array:

1. Note the two identical FJ62 Upper Thermostat Housing casting numbers in the attached photo. One shows a #4 and the other shows a #2. Does anyone know the significance between the two numbers? Just curious.

2. I thought I read a historical post where the electrical sensors gain a grounding function when the male threads of the sensor contact the cast aluminum threads of the housing. Hense, DO NOT use pipe tape or any thread sealant…TRUE or FALSE? ( I’m aware that aluminum has less than half the conductivity of copper but it’s non magnetic alloys still make it a true grounding option.)

3. If not using pipe tape or thread sealant, can I use a copper based anti-seize lubricant on the sensor threads?

Any thoughts?
636E2DEE-1DCF-43E9-A386-402E6BEAFE67.jpeg

- all elec. sensors use a alloy crush ring or a robber 0-ring combined with a compression bevel metal on metal

- no tape or sealer is needed or DO NOT apply any because of the elec. topic in general

the BVSC is JIS pipe taper and non electrical ........

the bolts provide continuity over the gaskets

the casting numbers on ANY toyota part in single digit format reflect the mold generation sequence ...

4 is a later cast update

that's the dirt .......on all that JAZZ......

A new temperature sender screwed into a new thermostat housing isn’t going to leak with no sealant. It’s important that the sender makes good metal to metal electrical contact with the threads of the housing because it’s using that as a path to ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom