Thermostat housing bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I broke a bolt off of the lower t-stat housing. I need to remove everything now so I can extract the bolt from the head. I went to the dealer in Texarkana today and ordered the gaskets I needed but the bolts are 5 to 7 weeks out. The parts guy couldn't give me the bolt size and thread pattern. I was wondering if any of you guys could help a fella out? Knowing my luck I'll probably break the rest off while I'm in there. Any tips on removing these bolts? Heat then pb blaster?

Cool thanks! You wouldn't happen to know the part number for the four bolts on the upper t-stat housing also?

9161160845​

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine Plug in your VIN and you'll be able to look up any part for your 60 series. Partsouq is a great place for ordering parts or you can take the part number, plug it into google and search for other vendors.

Well I broke a bolt off of the lower t-stat housing. I need to remove everything now so I can extract the bolt from the head. I went to the dealer in Texarkana today and ordered the gaskets I needed but the bolts are 5 to 7 weeks out. The parts guy couldn't give me the bolt size and thread pattern. I was wondering if any of you guys could help a fella out? Knowing my luck I'll probably break the rest off while I'm in there. Any tips on removing these bolts? Heat then pb blaster?

the oem toyota japan spec. parts studs and non-serrated flat nuts 8 pc kit is a neat and relevant choice idea here as well too ...

however , i had not begun to dig and dive deep into the whole stone age reasoning that more often then not 1 or more of the #4 mark head 2 of them 2 bolt housings / 4 of them 4 bolt housing M8 sandwich SEMS single spring washer only and

also the 2 the #5 mark head block face bolts often snapped too ?

when the m8 sandwich bolts brakes , that in now a 50/50 chance death sentence for the lower housing , due to many factors of being able to successfully remove all of the broke old bolt , and also retail and meet in there to be chased or re-tapped ,,,,,

the HELI COIL method is flawed here , and they always came out with a new bolt , of pulled out as your cinched the 4 sandwich bolts down ...

some times i got lucky here , very often not too ...

i tried every new TV Blue screen latest
1-800 # / SORRY NO COD's liquid Steel wonder stuff the Billi Mayes rambled on about way more they
my boy Vinny about his iconic and legionary
SHAM -WOW ! 😆

the block face bolts are a bad design or nobody cared after toyota all at once ditched the JIS # mark head bolts grading system globally , this some how related to the Mysterious 007 2000GT Level Conspiracy Japanese Crime Syndicate not whisper on the whole translon from gold zinc plated hardware w / # mark heads , that transformed overnight to Silver Blue Zinc Bolts with no more easy to understand and way way kooler to collect like match box cars for a 15 year old boy who needed a high school guidance counselor approved work permit to do his home work , and then be glued the big new wonder 36" tall 36" wide microfiche readers ..🤣...

anytime one block face snapped upon you using all the right star patterns and full cans of deep-creep ,
WD-40 , Slick-50 Rust-Killer " yea-right " :rolleyes:

the cause and effect of one side suddenly breaking free , and the one that did not = the one that did not 's Sand Cast Ear snapping off in your face then and there ...:confused:

heat from a torch made all above worse too .....

the below is the modern 2024 ( i discovered these in Japan , @ the Macmaster of Japan ..) .

the Plating on them is called
Violet Blue Silver , this has the highest salt spray rating per the J.I.S .

as a by product , one heck of a BLING - Factor too ,,,,

i cant say i have ever snapped by hand 3/8 ratchet a #8 mark head any size spec. bolt ...

the #7 maybe 1 or 2 M6 ASCO / AISIN cross threaded by who knows hub dial bolts .... but that is a rare event in my toyota lifetime ....

below is my very very well R&D time spent answer ... to this Fred Flintstone Hot Dipped Galvanized , right now at your TOYOTA dealer today in 2024 ...

if i wanted HOME DEPOT hot-dipped Picnic Table Rated Bolts 91611-40825 & 91611-41025 , i would call my local 1-800-go-toyota ....

1709962442218.png

1709962430787.png

- the below TECH-Reel will help you further understand , and empower you through a 17+ Image slide show tutorial
please make sure to click on the Audion icon speaker lower LH corner if you only see what you need to also here
thanks ...

To get the broken bolt out, heat the bolt until cherry red and douse with wax or penetrant. Do this a few times, then extract depending on how the bolt broke. If bolt is below the surface of the housing, careful of the threads or you'll be installing a thread repair insert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom