FJ62 stereos and dash kits?

• Thread starter jswbutcher
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

jswbutcher

Hello all...

So, most FJ62's that I've seen still have the factory tape deck- you know, that big huge monster... The other day I saw one with a nice modern CD player flush to the top of where the old factory tape deck use to be and then a dash pocket below it like on the FJ60 dashes...

I wondering where that dash kit came from??? anyone know?

Thanks- :beer:
-J

erfworm

erfworm

any place that installs stereos (best-buy, circuit city, local stero shop) should have that. I got mine at best buy, where they called it a "fit-kit". Looked good, but everything would slide out of the pocket on any kind of incline. So now my DIN sized CB resides in the hole below the Cd player, awesome fit.

J

jswbutcher

Yeah-

That's what I did in my 60. I love the in-dash CB.

norville

norville

I used a dash kit from my 96 mazda/ranger ect. Still had to trim the 62's dash hole a little to fit the radio. Came out very clean.

J

jswbutcher

Hey Erfworn-

What did think about Missoula, MT? My family and I are thinking of moving there.

nanuk

nanuk

So who makes the DIN size CB?
I remember thinking it would be nice when I get around to puttting in a new cd player. And now I have finally gotten a round-to-it.
Uniden or Cobra I would think?

erfworm

erfworm

[quote author=jswbutcher link=board=1;threadid=8968;start=msg77895#msg77895 date=1071858795]
Hey Erfworn-

What did think about Missoula, MT? My family and I are thinking of moving there.
[/quote]

Pretty nice place,, lotsa outdoor activity,, hard to find a job,, though. Good skiing, good people, good beer, bad wheeling :-[ :-[

erfworm

erfworm

nanuk, my DIN size CB is a Cobra, but I have also seen Uniden sell them.

F

fsusteve

If you go to any major stereo manufacturer's websites, you may be able to locate a specific system that will fit in the stock location. I did this with my suburban because I didn't want some hack job done at Circuit City.

billmc

billmc

Go to Cruthfield

Go to www.crutchfield.com. They know what they're talking about, have everything you need, and their customer service is incredible