Fj62 rear sway bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys . Looking for rear sway bar and sway bar Brackets for fj62 to install on my 60 series

Looking for rear sway bar and sway bar Brackets for fj62 to install on my 60 series

I talked about doing this 30 years ago with Marv Specter (RIP) and he was pretty much adamantly against it. All the parts were easily available back then and it would have just been an easy bolt up — but he wasn’t a fan of the rear sway bar on the 62 and discouraged me from installing one.
It limits suspension articulation.

I talked about doing this 30 years ago with Marv Specter (RIP) and he was pretty much adamantly against it. All the parts were easily available back then and it would have just been an easy bolt up — but he wasn’t a fan of the rear sway bar on the 62 and discouraged me from installing one.
It limits suspension articulation.
Thx for your info . 👍

Besides limiting articulation, it also decreases body roll in curves. Depending on how the vehicle is used, sway bar IS relevant. Toyota didn't install them to annoy people. Personally, I have a sway bar and I detach it when doing serious off-roading. I disconnected the pin (instead of a bolt and nut) at the bottom end of the link kit and attaches the sway bar with small cord to the frame.

Last edited:
I make a rear bracket and link set but you will have to source the bar.

J
Thx Jason .
Truly fan of your work . Literally u gave me the idea of the sway bar when I saw your post
thx for the info . Getting the bar and then reaching y out for the link and brackets .

5B52E686-5B5F-45C1-9837-4C6826199DEF.jpeg

I put one on my mostly street driven 84 60.

I got a full used takeoff from Valley Hybrids with new rubber and mounting hardware
I did have to fab my own axle mounts and weld them to the axle as mine didn't have any, and my frame was not drilled for the upper mounts either so I had to do that as well.

I love the upgrade.

But if you are not a welder/fabricator and your axle doesn't have the mounts, that is a problem you'll have to solve.

Hopping on this thread. I have a rear sway bar on my 60. I've also lifted the truck 2" through the use of an SOR lift kit. I installed the extending link kit for the rear bar. However for some reason, the frame bracket keep breaking. There is a possibility it is a function of rust given the salt water here in the area. Any ideas as to why the bracket tabs that fit into the frame keep breaking?

Thanks,
-Corby

I added a 62 rear bar to my late 60. My axle has the mounts for it, so it was completely a bolt on.

I only took it off on a hard trail. I disconnected the two bolts at the axle, and zip tied it up. Zero issues.

It was the single biggest improvement I’ve ever done to my truck. Better than then H55F by far.

Hopping on this thread. I have a rear sway bar on my 60. I've also lifted the truck 2" through the use of an SOR lift kit. I installed the extending link kit for the rear bar. However for some reason, the frame bracket keep breaking. There is a possibility it is a function of rust given the salt water here in the area. Any ideas as to why the bracket tabs that fit into the frame keep breaking?

Thanks,
-Corby
Gonna need some pictures for that problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom