FJ62 Front Parking Light Socket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Started digging into my new to me 1988 FJ62 this past week. Been trying to get everything ready so I can get it to past WV safety inspection. So I started with all the lights, had to replace a couple of bulbs here and there, rewire the license plate lights, and replace the front side marker assemblies. All pretty easy until I start working on the front passenger side parking light. It was only getting ~5 volts to the socket. So I pulled the assembly off the car and realized one of the previous owners wasn't that great with electrical wiring. Looks like they pulled the QD socket apart and wrapped the connectors with wire and just electrical taped them in place and did this in a couple of places. Looked at the driver's side and they did a little bit better of a job with that, by spicing in a QD connector but again just wrapping the wires together to preform the splice.

I'm trying to figure out if anyone knows where I can purchase a new socket with a pigtail and if it's possible to get a matching QD socket to solder or crimp onto the wiring harness.

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5354.jpg

Started digging into my new to me 1988 FJ62 this past week. Been trying to get everything ready so I can get it to past WV safety inspection. So I started with all the lights, had to replace a couple of bulbs here and there, rewire the license plate lights, and replace the front side marker assemblies. All pretty easy until I start working on the front passenger side parking light. It was only getting ~5 volts to the socket. So I pulled the assembly off the car and realized one of the previous owners wasn't that great with electrical wiring. Looks like they pulled the QD socket apart and wrapped the connectors with wire and just electrical taped them in place and did this in a couple of places. Looked at the driver's side and they did a little bit better of a job with that, by spicing in a QD connector but again just wrapping the wires together to preform the splice.

I'm trying to figure out if anyone knows where I can purchase a new socket with a pigtail and if it's possible to get a matching QD socket to solder or crimp onto the wiring harness.

View attachment 2233214

View attachment 2233217

View attachment 2233218
Well, I’ll be ‘nice’ and just say the PO was a pho king hack.

ToyotaMatt @ToyotaMatt probably has every connector you need and then some.

i have 2 options

- a sealed matching mating set , but NO sockets

- a un-sealed set with sockets that might work , close profile

i personally would go with the sealed set ups , they hold up better , and you are all ready are going to have to splice wires .......

both are OEM TOYOTA parts , good used

no cost involved if you want either or ........... :)

matt ...

DSCN0739.JPG

From what I see, there’s enough wire to reuse. Why not splice it right and move on.
I’m a fan of Spliseal

Thanks for the offer ToyotaMat. Ended up pulling the sockets apart and soldering new wires onto the connectors creating little pig tails. Just going to use some crimp spade connectors for now. If I ever get a metri-pak kit I’ll swap in some better connectors.

EFF381CC-9195-45D7-9C27-9AE7791086B7.jpeg

0F4DD24C-E773-4279-92AD-E19666711174.jpeg

Good Job brother

if u can take a close up of the end of the socket i can then ready the profile grooves and likes and make a positive ID

i know i have one for Ya ..........

buy digging through hundreds without that face pattern is futile

there like a Key For a lock , and all different

il give it a try if you post up a solid clear close up ..............

only way , ............

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom