FJ62 Front Door Speakers using factory grills. Best Modern replacement speaker option? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for the most ideal speakers for the front doors of my 88 FJ62. I have read several posts that reference cutting a custom spacer, and possibly extending and offsetting the window track, most of the posts are more than 10 years old. I'm wondering, with the advancements in low profile speakers, if there is a better option out there that would act a a direct replacement or require little modification.

thanks!!!

I bought generic low profile plastic rings, drilled slightly oversize holes in them to match the stock bolt hole locations, then bolted the rings in. Then screwed in the speakers. I looked for photos but couldn't find them.

I print and sell adapter rings to put modern 5.25" speakers in the front. I haven't heard of any off-the-shelf speakers being too deep. I have done some custom ones for folks who want to run some serious punch in the front doors but I don't think that's what you're after. There are tons of mud members who run them. $30 shipped. PM if you want. They can be done DIY like @4Cruisers suggests as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom