FJ62 Engine Swap Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

I Forgot About the Women!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi.

I’m engine swapping my FJ62 with a 3B from a BJ60.

I’m having some difficulty with the wiring.

Because my 62 has power accessories, I decided to keep the harness inside of the vehicle. However, I did remove EVERYTHING I didn’t need - the harness is now significantly smaller and every power feature works flawlessly.

Now it’s time for me to start looking at implementing the BJ harness into the truck… I thought I would just simply leave it intact and just plug it in… unfortunately that doesn’t work because there would be 2 fuse boxes… there are also other issues - it just doesn’t work. So I figured I would remove & isolate the EDIC wiring BUT all the wires cannot be detached as all the wires are in some way or another attached to everything else - and it’s a huge headache.

MY new thoughts: do you guys think that it’s a good idea for me to start chopping up my BJ harness, like cutting out everything I don’t need? Because all I really need is EDIC/glow plugs and my gauges - but I really don’t want to compromise the harness. Do you think it’s doable?

Also, the blue and 2 black connectors under the steering column- are they able to be all cut out? More specifically the 2 black connectors? They cant be used because they are already being occupied by the FJ harness - are they connected to the ignition switch they don’t appear to be.

I’m just trying to figure out how to mate the 2 harnesses together properly- I also don’t want to do damage that’s not reversible.

Thanks.

33556901-F59A-43E4-B4AB-8001B26370AD.jpeg

6A40A6D0-5C76-4EC2-BE2C-C531CE55CCB5.jpeg

A420C375-7570-4AB8-802A-8B170489EAF3.jpeg

Do a manual edic and get rid of electrical edic. Also do a Wilson switch and get rid of gloplug electrical. Should be able to get gauges to work with 62 harness for oil pressure, coolant temp, voltage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom