FJ62 Dash (1 Viewer)

umpqua

SILVER Star

Some #(*%#_% #%(*#( broke into my LC last night and stole the stereo. In the process the dash was #(%* up.

I've looked on Specter and called Toyota and the going price for a dash is in the area of $420. Does anyone know of where I might find one that is less expensive? This will be a cash deal - no comp insurance. The current dash was in great shape so I'm not sure that I want to go the used junkyard route.

Also, I'm mechanically challenged so I will probably need to have it installed?.

Any help is appreciated.

Waggoner5

SILVER Star

I would not hesitate to get one from a wrecking yard. Is $420 the Toyota price or cDans price. Cdan is at American Toyota in Albequerque. He has amazing prices to MUD members.
G

umpqua

SILVER Star

$420 is the price that I got when I called Toyota and is the same price that is listed on Specter's site.

Do you have contact info on the guy in NM? Also, how am I going to get this installed? I guess that I could take it to an autobody place?

I really appreciate your help and quick response.

Waggoner5

SILVER Star

Dan is at 800 432 6668. I would ask a local stereo guy to do the install before I would let Toyota do it. The install is very easy, but it does take some time to do it. I would imagine its a 3-4 hour job.
Gary

umpqua

SILVER Star

The stereo guy is a great idea. I will need a stereo as well so thanks for that, I didn't think of it.

I sent a note to Tap and will call Dan.

Pig...I need a brown dash. Will the 60 fit the 62? I also need to check tonight to see if I need the side defroster.

Again, I really appreciate the help.

Waggoner5

SILVER Star

umpqua said:
The stereo guy is a great idea. I will need a stereo as well so thanks for that, I didn't think of it.

I sent a note to Tap and will call Dan.

Pig...I need a brown dash. Will the 60 fit the 62? I also need to check tonight to see if I need the side defroster.

Again, I really appreciate the help.
Again, the 60 series will not work.

umpqua

SILVER Star

I will need the dash and also the front. When I write "front" I mean the black piece that surronds the speed, tach, etc.

I was in the same boat about 2 years ago and replaced mine with a used dash from cruiserparts.net. I was very pleased. Call directly and ask specific questions about condition. They were very up front about the condition of mine. Best thing about my deal was that insurance paid out at new price, then I bought used.

euclid said:
I was in the same boat about 2 years ago and replaced mine with a used dash from cruiserparts.net. I was very pleased. Call directly and ask specific questions about condition. They were very up front about the condition of mine. Best thing about my deal was that insurance paid out at new price, then I bought used.
ditto, cruiserparts.net... those guys are real cool, fair prices. I don't know them at all except as a customer.

umpqua

SILVER Star

I'm back again and kinda wish I wasn't.

I ordered and received the dash pad and instrument panel from cdan. No problems there...real happy.

I contacted a local stereo place to install the pad and they are estimating anywhere from $200 - over $400 for installation of the pad. They said they checked with Toyota and were told that it could take up to 6 hours. They said Toyota charges ~$700 for the install.

Does anyone have experience with this? Does this sound reasonable? This is a no comp insurance deal so this is all out of pocket. I'm already in a little over $400 for the dash pad and instrument panel and if it's $400 more for the install and another $150 for a stereo I'm just south of a grand. I'm a moron so I probably couldn't install the dash myself?

Thanks for any input.

zcruiser

Needs monitoring

Wow, that's a lot of dough for installation. It's not complicated, just time-consuming. You find all the screws that are holding it in place and take 'em out, being careful to keep track of them and where they came from.

An FSM would come in really handy here, and is cheap compared to the money you will save doing it yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom